Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saltown, dundalk

Options
  • 25-05-2007 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi i'm just in the process of moving to dundalk from Cork for a new job and looking to buy in the area. I obviously don't know the good and bad areas, estates etc. I am about to look at a 3 bed duplex in Saltown has it would be handy in terms of location to work etc. Does anyone have an opinion on this estate as regards, quality of house, neighbours, area. is the estate well maintained etc. Someone i spoke to recommended here, but i don't know them that well so don't know if they would be reliable to go with.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have hard that the build qualty is not good and it back on to a large estate with mant rental properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

tis not a bad area..has got everything you need, shops, pub, post office, schools, and is very close to the M1 and not too far from town centre either..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

bettedavis wrote:
    Hi i'm just in the process of moving to dundalk from Cork for a new job and looking to buy in the area. I obviously don't know the good and bad areas, estates etc. I am about to look at a 3 bed duplex in Saltown has it would be handy in terms of location to work etc. Does anyone have an opinion on this estate as regards, quality of house, neighbours, area. is the estate well maintained etc. Someone i spoke to recommended here, but i don't know them that well so don't know if they would be reliable to go with.

It's a new estate so it'll be maintained by the building contractor at the minute. I can't comment on the build as I haven't seen one, I'd imagine it's a fairly typical build though, nothing exceptional.

Located about 2.5 miles from town centre, the main industrial estates are on the other side of town approx 4 miles so you won't walk it. There's a large Dunnes stores around 1 mile away. There's a school accross the road with a small shop and a chipper near by. I live at the other end of town and prefer it where I am TBH.

If you want to PM me with your budget/requirements I'll have a look round and PM you a few links, it's up to you. You may like to have a look at Bay Estate, Kingswood, The Red Barns Rd region.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Personally I would avoid it like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

It really all depends on what you are used to or comfortable with. I was recently looking about to move back to the town and looked at a house there just out of interest. To be honest its a really new development, there are a lot of them bought to rent and a lot taken by the council. Talking to a guy in my work however who just bought with his girlfriend to live there he is happy enough with the area but had some niggles about the finishing off of his house. Last I heard he was chasing the guy up with a snag list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Avoid Saltown, it's overpriced, build quality isn't great at all and layout could of been a lot better too. If you like hearing your neighbours switch on their lights and flushing their toilets then by all means move to Saltown.

Advertisement