Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Election Results - As they come in!

• 25-05-2007 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

Here's the latest:

11.35 Dublin North, 60% Boxes Open , FF 39%, FG 12%, LAB 12%, PD 2%, GP 17%, SF 3%, IND 4%, SP 10%, CSP 0% , Prediction 2FF,1GP,1Lab/FG/Soc

Looks like Kennedy, O'Leary, Sargent

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hermit

Poor oul Kennedy has been trying for yrs to get a seat.... I hope it works out for him this time... beats Clare Daly or that gimp from the Christian Solidarity Party.

If only there was some way to get rid of Trevor....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Update from RTE:

Dublin North: Half of the 139 ballot boxes have been opened in Dublin North.

The boxes come from the north of the constituency and do not include Swords, which is likely to have an impact on the constituency's result.

Fianna Fáil's Michael Kennedy, Fine Gael's James Reilly and Trevor Sargent of the Greens are all reported to be polling well.

Swords been Clair Daly's strong-hold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Excellent thread catch--22!

Hill Billy wrote:
    Excellent thread catch--22!

*takes a bow*

latest from the tallies:

12:39 Dublin North, 100% Boxes Open, FF 42%, FG 14%, LAB 10%, PD 3%, GP 17%, SF 3%, IND 3%, SP 9%, CSP 0%, Prediction 2FF, 1GP, 1Lab/FG

catch--22 wrote:
    *takes a bow*

latest from the tallies:

12:39 Dublin North, 100% Boxes Open, FF 42%, FG 14%, LAB 10%, PD 3%, GP 17%, SF 3%, IND 3%, SP 9%, CSP 0%, Prediction 2FF, 1GP, 1Lab/FG

Interesting stuff indeed - Ryan is only 1% ahead of Daly. Going to be very close. Glad to see CSP are at 0%. Here's hoping that Loftus stays there with his fellow bigot from the ICP.

PD & the Shinners neck & neck too. I know which one I'd like to get by the neck! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Unshelved

OH is at the count. At this point it's looking like Kennedy & O'Brien for FF, Sargeant for the Greens and O'Reilly for FG. Pity - I was hoping Ryan would do it. Still at least CSP polled a whopping 0%.

Considering the mess that's been made of Fingal over the last 10 years - unrestricted planning, no infrastructure and over-subscibed resources like transport and schools, not to mention the landing of a superdump, a supre-prison, a central mental hospital and the gigantic sewage plant planned for Portrane - I find this result beyond belief.

Truly, if we get the government we deserve, what have done to deserve another five years of this?

Unshelved wrote:
    Truly, if we get the government we deserve, what have done to deserve another five years of this?

We'll now go back over to NCD Forum's very own Peter Snow (:D )for further results & analysis...

catch--22 - What news of the first count in North Dublin?

Edit: Unshelved - Congrats on your second star!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Unshelved wrote:

Seriously. I can barely believe the figures as they come in. All the mess made of the place for the last few years and what do people do ... Put them back into power (with more power) for the next 5 years.

Truly, it beggers belief :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hermit

The problem is a lack of a strong alternative in fairness... there isn't really anyone out there that has convinced me they can do things better.

There are problems in the country no one should deny that but this government had brought us a long way too and people are much better off (in general) than at any other time. Sometimes stability in power is better than changes. A change could greatly upset the apple cart in terms of economy etc... sure the opposition, as far as I could see couldn't come up with genuine figures for improving services

Hill Billy wrote:
    We'll now go back over to NCD Forum's very own Peter Snow (:D )for further results & analysis...

catch--22 - What news of the first count in North Dublin?

Edit: Unshelved - Congrats on your second star!

Nothing just yet.....should have something soon though. Just awaiting the latest of the tallies.

• Advertisement

This is the last of the tallies for Dublin North:

Dublin North, FF 42%, FG 14%, LAB 10%, PD 3%, GP 17%, SF 3%, IND 3%, SP 9%, CSP 0%, Prediction 2FF, 1GP, 1Lab/FG

Just have to wait for the first count now......

There is something fishy going on.
    I do not know anyone (& I know a lot of people) who would vote for Fianna Fail.
    42%! - Where are they getting their votes from?

And I can only assume that the 3% for the PDs is a protest vote against the Shinners. (Like Morrisey was going to get a cabinet seat (see Fingal Indo 2 weeks ago) - yeah right! Bleeding comedian!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hill Billy wrote:

And I can only assume that the 3% for the PDs is a protest vote against the Shinners. (Like Morrisey was going to get a cabinet seat (see Fingal Indo 2 weeks ago) - yeah right! Bleeding comedian!)
    The FF Bandwagon ... go to every nursing home, bingo hall and grannies home and make sure the 'party faithful' are out in force.

Does anyone want to declare Shenanigans?

Hill Billy wrote:

Conspiracy theory!! ….run with it Hill Billy!

Still nothing yet....the wait is agonising! :(

Still nothing...and I'm going to be AWOL for the next few hours.

Catch you all later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hill Billy wrote:
    It's the opposite with me - almost everyone I know votes for them.

Myself and Mrs Wishbone Ash cancelled each other out as usual - she only votes FF (1,2 & 3). I vote for nearly everyone except for FF. :D :eek:

No candidate reached quota!

Corr 1659
    Daly 4884
    Donnelly 286
    Kennedy 10880
    Loftus 210
    Morrissey 1395
    McCormack 1054
    O Brien 7058
    O Connor 1396
    O Leary 5088
    Reilly 7677
    Ryan 5256
    Sargent 7448

Kennedy elected (11,277).

• Advertisement

Corr (+35) 1,716
    Daly (+61) 5,033
    Kennedy (+355) 11,277
    McCormack (+4) 1,497
    O Brien (+322) 7,408
    O Connor (+40) 1,493
    O Leary (+176) 5,298
    Reilly (+209) 7.937
    Ryan (+49) 5,343
    Sargent (+157) 7,656

4th Count

Corr 1,721
    Daly 5,044
    (Kennedy 11,277)
    McCormack 1,498
    O Brien 7,556
    O Connor 1,503
    O Leary 5,398
    Reilly 7,962
    Ryan 5,357
    Sargent 7,680

6th Count

Corr 1,897
    Daly 5,698
    (Kennedy 11,277)
    O Brien 7,856
    O Leary 5,825
    Reilly 8,298
    Ryan 5,758
    Sargent 8,255

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Hey wishbone where are you getting the figures?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

http://www.rte.ie/news/elections2007/Dublin-North.html

Wishbone why'd you not just post the link, saves typing :D

PCros wrote:
    Hey wishbone where are you getting the figures?

Thanks
    Answered by sdonn_1 ;)

Actually I found it, full figures and counts:

http://www.rte.ie/news/elections2007/results/constit-13.html

sdonn_1 wrote:
    Wishbone why'd you not just post the link, saves typing :D
    Personally I prefer not to have to clink a link but maybe that's me. :eek:

According to RTE Radio One, 11 votes are in dispute but I missed which candidates involved.:(

"Lawyers are on the way to the count centre".

• Advertisement

7th count

Daly 5,900
    O'Brien 7,928
    O'Leary 5,934
    Reilly 8,465
    Ryan 5,889
    Sargent 9,415

Count adjourned for the night.

As it stands:

1. Kennedy
    2. Sargent
    3. Reilly
    4. O'Brien
    5. O'Leary
    6. Daly
    7. Ryan

Kennedy is the only officially elected candidate at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

I think if Ryan can stay above Daly, then he will get the transfers to jump over Reilly!

foxybrowne wrote:
    I think if Ryan can stay above Daly, then he will get the transfers to jump over Reilly!

Ryan is gone!

Look at the above link I posted.

foxybrowne wrote:
    It will be a tall order. One would imagine that most of Daly's transfers from elimination should go to Ryan but it's asking a lot to beat Reilly! I don't think it's possible as O'Leary's transfers will go to O'Brien for the 4th seat.

Oh dear God what happened!

catch--22 wrote:
    Oh dear God what happened!
    Yes, it looks like FF are going to retain 2 seats! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Happy Christmas, Turkeys

and here is your present - a nice super incinerator to go along with your superdump super prison and super sewage treatment

Radio One have just reported that Brendan Ryan requested a re-count after the 7th Count.

(Sloppy reporting on RTE - Brendan Ryan referred to as 'Brendan Howlin'. Joe Corr referred to as Joe Corry)

This has been the strangest count!

Trev was on newstalk stating that the recount seemed to be more about whether Daly or Ryan gets eliminated first.

Is there an off chance that either could take the 4th seat?

All 55,000 being re-counted now. Only 11 votes between Daly and Ryan. Ryan had been eliminated but requested the re-count. It's particularly important as Daly and Ryan's transfers will probably go to each other. Daly should then get ahead of O'Leary but his transfers will go to O'Brien.

• Advertisement

Just heard on newstalk that Ryan is now ahead of Daly and that Daly does not have any one in the count centre??

Anyone got the latest?

from politics.ie

Dublin North has been suspended until 6pm today.

Count 7 had returned a daly lead over Ryan of 11 votes, however this has been returned to plus 2 to Ryan. Daly to be eliminated at 6pm I would imagine. Ryan's call for a recount yesterday may result in a Daly recount today in which case we will be back on Monday to rehash it all.

The predicted result remains, Kennedy FF, Sargent GP, Reilly FG, O'Brien FF.

All other results are mathematically possible but highly unlikely. Ryan would need half of Daly & O'Leary transfers to pip Reilly while Daly would need the same to pip O'Brien.

Wow! Go on North Dublin! Fighting to the last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Daly denied a recount according to rte.ie . Ryan still in the running by 2votes! Every one really does count. O'Reilly still way out in front though - it'll take a miracle at this stage.

According to politics.ie, Sargent has been elected. No surprises, although it sounds like Ryan has a chance, depending on transfers from Daly.

This is looking very messy.

Full results from RTÉ: (eidted a teeny bit, merged their 2 tables together, if it breaches copyright remove it and il type it)

rteimageiw8.png

Source

It's typical. I maintain a vigil for 2 days over this thread and then decide to take Mrs wisbone Ash out to dinner and everything happens while I'm gone! :D

1. Kennedy
    2. Sargent
    3. O'Brien
    4. Reilly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

Hmm, Sargent's first preference votes will worry him! Surprised at FF gaining/retaining both seats though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement