Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratch Removal?

Options
  • 25-05-2007 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Just put a scratch about 5 inches long on a blue car from a piece of timber, it's not too deep but its still visible. any sugestions on what i cud put on to remove it or blend it in? I heard theirs some kinda of thing you can get that blends the paint that's already on to cover up the scratch so the colour is indistinguishable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Have a look here

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭NeptunesMoon

thx, id like to do this today, where in south dublin could i pick it up does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Halfords; they're in Blanch, Liffey Valley or Carrickmines or most decent motor factors.
    Autoglym is probably the easiest to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Glanza V

T cut will only work if the sratch isnt too bad. I used had light scratches on my 5 series and T cut worked a treat. but then i had a scratch from i guess a coin that some pavvy did and t cut didnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Your right & I'd say that's the case for them all. Rough guide is if you can feel the scratch with a fingernail. If not it'll buff out, otherwise you're just minimising the visual impact - still worth doing in most cases.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

When you mention T-cut here are we talking about the coloured version, where it trys to match the car colour, or just generic stuff?

Anyone tried those "wax sticks"?

Advertisement