Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this the ultimate Phone/PDA combo?

• 25-05-2007 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

It has everything - 3g, GPS, Edge, keyboard, bluetooth, wifi, 3 megapixel camera, the list appears to be endless.

Linky

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tom dunne wrote:
    It has everything - 3g, GPS, Edge, keyboard, bluetooth, wifi, 3 megapixel camera, the list appears to be endless.

Linky

I was expecting to see a picture of a load of things just taped together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

tom dunne wrote:

Linky

tom, haven't you heard me banging on about this device for the past few months :)

when I read the title of this thread I had a feeling you were talking about this device.

the full specs are over at www.pdadb.net if you're interested.
    it's due out next month but I wouldn't hold my breath.. there's also a good thread over at howardforums about it..seems to be a hotly anticipated device alright.

on paper atleast it's the first device that seems to include everything (nokia n95 apart although I'm not sure about the n95's gps tbh).

doesn't have a dvb-h tuner and fm radio but a good flat-rate 3g subscription would provide this I suppose.

the 18mm thickness is just about tolerable as well.

anyone any idea about pricing, availability, definite release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

the imate jasjar is better -

infrared
    vga 640x480 screen
    nice big keyboard
    standard headphone socket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mkennedy wrote:
    tom, haven't you heard me banging on about this device for the past few months :)

Nah, I never pay attention to your posts. :)

The name didn't ring a bell, but now that you mention it, I do recall you talking about it.

My Atom is almost a year old now, it might be time for a change. Not so sure I will be able to convince Mrs. Dunne that I need a new phone.

Advertisement