Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Music Downloads

Options
  • 25-05-2007 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi Firstly my appologies if it is against the rules of this forum to ask the following question in this forum.

Anyway here goes:

Does anybody know of any good websites/torent sites etc where you can download Irish Music e.g. Stuff like Rosey, Paddy Casey, Delorentos etc basically any Irish acts new or old. I Find it very difficult in finding Irish music on the NET apart from i-Tunes so I normally just end up buying the CD's. I normally like to download an album first and If I like the album then I will buy the CD. But I normally have trouble finding the Irish Music on the Internet

Thanks in Advance for the replies,
    Gary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I'd be interested in any replies to this. BUMP.
    Perhaps Irish music isn't as popular... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

there is www.downloadmusic.ie, you have to pay for the tracks, but its 99c and it counts toward chart position for unsigned bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I Find it very difficult in finding Irish music on the NET apart from i-Tunes

So you are looking for a free alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 gary_dunbar

Yes that would be great if you know of 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Hi Firstly my appologies if it is against the rules of this forum to ask the following question in this forum.
    Why don't you read the rules then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 gary_dunbar

Get a life Bazmo you Nerd!

BazmO* gary_dunbar is obviously new here. I can see how u got up to 4000+ posts.
    He did say he was looking for free alternatives.

Also Mossy_Monk, I notice u are using lost_FM, is it any good? I tried it for a while, the player you get with it doesn't buffer enough for me, is there a way to use perhaps winamp or WMP or increase the buffer? I've a decent net connection and listen to di.fm all the time, but lost_FM doesn't play so well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Get a life Bazmo you Nerd!
    Haha, someone on the internet calling someone else on the internet a Nerd!
    Sniipe wrote:
    BazmO* gary_dunbar is obviously new here. I can see how u got up to 4000+ posts.
    He did say he was looking for free alternatives.
    Regardless of what he is looking for it breaks the rules of the forum, and the fact that he even stated that he didn't know whether or not it was against the rules when a simple read of the rules would have answered his question says more about the guy's intelligence rather than my perceived nerdiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

http://www.roadrecs.com/ is quite good

EDIT: oops, that's not for downloads though !!!

Sniipe wrote:
    Also Mossy_Monk, I notice u are using lost_FM, is it any good? I tried it for a while, the player you get with it doesn't buffer enough for me, is there a way to use perhaps winamp or WMP or increase the buffer? I've a decent net connection and listen to di.fm all the time, but lost_FM doesn't play so well for me.

Plays perfectly for me. Not sure what could be wrong for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 feckless

I normally like to download an album first and If I like the album then I will buy the CD

yeaahh riiighht!:rolleyes:

feckless wrote:
    yeaahh riiighht!:rolleyes:
    I know of people that do this. Don't know why you would respond like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 feckless

My apologies to Gary if I misjudged his post. However I know of a lot of people who download albums with the intention of buying them but never do. Surely you don't have to download an entire album just to see if you want to buy it or not. You can often check streamed samples of the tracks online or at least give it a listen in a shop.

I'd say there is a lot of Irish stuff out there thats good. But I'm not going to buy something if its crap, I'd prefer to listen to the album before I'd buy it.

Advertisement