Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me choose a CPU cooler for my SFF build

Options
  • 25-05-2007 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Ok i'm between minds as to what cooler to go for for my HTPC build.

The case is the Lian-li PC-V300. I chose this case as it fits well into my HT cabinet and also affords the most headroom above the CPU socket of any SFF case i've seen.

I need a Cooler that is no more than 9cm (4") tall. I will be doing a slight bit of overclocking in this SFF, so the bigger the fan and the more efficient at cooling it is the better.

The socket will be either 939 or 775.

Here is a picture from a review to illustrate the gap it will have to fit in.

A212-35.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Zalman CNPS7700 would probably do the trick the height is about 6.7cm so there is room to spare plus it supports 939 & 775 so no worries there.

There is also the Fatal1ty version which is basically a bit bigger but minus the fan controller so no manual speed adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

i'm going to have a multi fan controller in one of the 5.25" bays anyway.

I was considering the Zalman CNPS8000 as well. I'm really looking for something that can hold a bigger fan though. Also one that I could change the fan on should it fail or get noisy.

Advertisement