Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have the parties learned any lessons from the election

Options
  • 25-05-2007 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭

With FF looking like they are going to get in with more or less the same as the last election, does anyone think that the parties have learned any lessons?

My big fear is that FF will continue on as they have been and we are not going to see changes for the better in the health service or transport, as they will see the election as an endorsement of continuing as they have been doing, which in a sense it is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

this result can only make FF even more complacent. Ignore your 02 manifesto and get re elected with possibly a higher % of votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Thats what I fear, that if FF get complacent and take their eye of the ball then we are going to be in trouble.

In saying that, if FF dont get a majority and need a smaller party to go in with them would the smaller parties have learned a lesson from the way the PD's have been treated by the electorate after been in government for the last 5 years?

I seems that the PD's are taking the blame for all the problems that the electorate have seen over the last 5 years and FF are coming out smelling of roses. Very strange that. Would the PD's have performed stronger if they had stood up to FF about the corruption and scandals?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Dunno, FG have aparently bounced back from near oblivion last time. A stronger FG = stronger opposition and perhaps a more 'dynamic' leader than Kenny might put FF under more pressure to deliver. Maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

we also have the possiblility that the two most idealologically closestparties (FG & PD) will be togethr in opposition, assuming the PDs aren't wiped out!!!!

Advertisement