Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imaging Problem

Options
  • 25-05-2007 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey guys, i didnt know where to post this thread but im having a big problem with an image, i have a jpg and i want to remove the border around it, i have tried loads of things but no luck.

Can anyone tell me the best way to do this, i have tried some things from the internet so if anyone has tried and suceeded with the same problem please help

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

It's not really my area but you can use the image crop feature on any decent image editors. I usually use Paint Shop Pro, does the job.

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭katiepwr

thanks for the reply, the problem i have is i have an image with a black border around it, the image is in the middle of the border and i want to just save the image as a jpg file without the border, so that when i import it into another program it is just the image (minus the border)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭katiepwr

maybe i should have mentioned that the image is an awkward enough shape so cropping it may not work i dunno

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Most decent image editors have tools to allow you to select irregular shaped objects (by clicking along the edges of the object) and then copy/paste onto a new blank canvas.

Advertisement