Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a new battery

Options
  • 25-05-2007 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a place for batteries on the northside that opens on saturday?

On a related note does anybody what category in the golden pages these places are listed under?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Glanza V

Any motor factors will have them. I think advance pitstop supply and fit them too, but dont think that shower would be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Beano wrote:
    Can anybody recommend a place for batteries on the northside that opens on saturday?

On a related note does anybody what category in the golden pages these places are listed under?

Constort in Drumcontra or collins/glasnevin Ave (opposite the auto ban) would probably be the best bets for a Saturday... probably not the cheapest, but not too bad either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Motor factors!! thats the phrase I was looking for. Cheers Glanza.

turns out that advance arent as bad as you might think. They want €70 for one, P R Reillys want 69.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Halfords in Clare Hall. Their own-brand maintenance-free batteries (black ones) are pretty good and were around the 65-70 mark when I bought one last. If you have an AXAPlus card, or know someone who has, that gets you 15% off as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Definitely second the advice to go to Consort. Drumcondra (beside Tesco); Glasnevin Avenue (near Martin's pub); Artane (not sure of exact location).

I'd be surprised if you'd beat their prices. The owner (Eddie) is usually in the Drumcondra shop and is very helpful.

Not your ornery onager

picked one up today from advance in Raheny for €70 fitted. I probably could have saved a quid or two elsewhere but the convenience of advance won out.

Advertisement