Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry Day for Ireland

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Ruen

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    Yet Labour always has and still is about a mile to the left of FF. I suppose they must be the only ones who stick to their beliefs rather than move to the centre to match the rest of the populists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Boston wrote:
    My father was unemployed for much of the 80's yet could not receive the dole as my mothers civil service job.

Ok father with a job that was not permanent and mother in the civil service, in the hole that was the 80's. TBH you were not that badly off. The civil services was and still is a very middle class and cushy place to be. Hmm the more we dig the more you protest too much methinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

dodgyme wrote:
    Ok father with a job that was not permanent and mother in the civil service, in the hole that was the 80's. TBH you were not that badly off. The civil services was and still is a very middle class and cushy place to be. Hmm the more we dig the more you protest too much methinks!

Whatever at this stage. I R the middle class, Look at me on my pony.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

It was a sad day for Ireland. FF have ruined the countries economy over the last 5 years and they are going to continue to do the same. Exports down 15% over the past 5 years, growth artificially high due to the construction boom, our 2 largest industries are agriculture and tourism and the move to a green, knowledge economy never happened. They got elected on the economy, they mismanaged that just like they did health. Hopefully Teflon Bertie will be found out as the fraud he is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

ianhobo wrote:
    While I certainly am not naive enough to think that there is a perfect goverment out there, one who can correctly manage the vast issues and money while keeping everyone happy, I believe that most could do it a damn sight better than Fianna Fail have done.

I know of not ONE SINGLE PERSON who voted FF, but yet it seems they have a near 50% take on the votes???? Is it the same "set in their ways, regardless" (older) people carrying this? mixed with the low youth turnout ??
    Despite being someone who voted against the government this time, I think you're OTT. This government has not been that bad, compared to others in the past especially. I agree with u that those who vote FF (or FG for that matter) just because their family always did are not helping the country. But most people are better off than they were 10 years ago (due to a boom that FF did not cause) and believed that the economy is so fragile that stability must be maintained at all costs.

You know nobody who voted FF? What constituency do you live in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

H&#250 wrote: »
    Despite being someone who voted against the government this time, I think you're OTT. This government has not been that bad, compared to others in the past especially.
    True, but other goverments didn't have so much money at their disposal in order to improve essential services and infrastructure. FF & the PDs have managed to sell off and/or screw up most of the public services, as well as waste a fortune on stuff that we didn't need or want.
    But most people are better off than they were 10 years ago (due to a boom that FF did not cause) and believed that the economy is so fragile that stability must be maintained at all costs.
    Valid point - the electorate appear to be afraid to take a risk and maybe get something much better. People might be "better off" financially, but the cost of housing and the cost of living has gone through the roof, so people are on the verge of no longer having a life - they just work and commute to pay the bills. That's not living, and it's a recipe for future disaster when you consider what effect it's having on their kids who are growing up without a mum and dad simply coz they're stuck in traffic due to bad/corrupt planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭flurby

flurby wrote: »
    I didn't vote FF, I have a real problem with being governed by greed.

However, I look forward to seeing them sweat in the coming 2-3 years when the whole economy goes to crap and the country starts falling apart under the weight of 13 years of cock ups.

I'll be in Australia. Texting unemployed relatives.

Yay! Just looking back over my old posts (I don't have that many), and can't help but think "yay!".

Unfortunately though, I'm not in Australia :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Yay too, they (FF, country Tom and the rest of the ponzi brigade) have finally driven me so mad that i too will live the rest of my life in exile happy in the knowledge that my kids won't grow up to the prospect of repaying the debt of this banana republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Dear God who resurrected this old thread ?

It does make interesting reading though as to the mindset back then of all those ********* that did vote for FF and shouted down any of us who dared speak of what would happen to our house of cards.
    Ah but sure we had the greatest economy in Europe. Yeah right :rolleyes:

Anybody for the old refrain of "nobody saw this coming" ...

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Flurby, it's easier on everyone else if you reminisce without dragging up old threads. It's better to post in a recent relevant thread and link to the old thread where appropriate for reference.

There are a few threads currently on the go where the mindset of voters at the last election and their current views are better placed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement