Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Joyriders caught by Gardai. [VID]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

CLASS !!
    I love it.

And I hope the cops did knock seven bells out of the knackers

Oh... I see someone has put my cctv vid up on youtube too - but thankfully not the bit where I fall on my ar$e as I was throwing crowbars at the scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Chief--- wrote:
    The Gardai would be well entitled to smash the windows and drag them from the car.

It would be considered reasonable force to effect an arrest ensuring that the gardai had a safe enviroment to work in by overpowering the criminals using force.
    It doesn't take much common sense to see that such a course of action would have resulted in a less, rather than more, safe environment for the Gardaí.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Why did they crash, did they just **** themselves when they saw the Gards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

pretty much, prob looked around to see the gardai car, and lost it. they way they were drivin before hand, i didnt see much skill behind the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Its always great to see little sh1ts who think they can do that sort of thing get arrested,or at least get pulled in long enough to get a few slaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

PauloMN wrote:
    Yeah, that made me laugh as well... Obviously northsiders because of the DUBLIN accents. :rolleyes:

People in Tallaght, Clondalkin, Ballyfermot etc. sound nothing like that. They're loike, posh roish 'cause they're loike from the southside loike. :rolleyes:

didn't you know, there's a large number of southsiders here that don't stray outside the safety of their D4 estates.

Any Dub accents they hear are obviously Northsiders.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭nastysimon

No chance they are from Crumlin, Dun Laoighre, Ballyfermot, Tallaght, Clondalkin, Neilstown, Drimnagh, Kimmage, Irishtown, Ringsend, South inner city...........The List goes on

BTW, the most amount of car fires occur in the Tallaght area;)
    No chance. That looks like Howth to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Am I the only one who thought the Gardaí were anything but professional?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

ned78 wrote:

as long as they get these eejits off the road and into a cell i couldnt give a f*ck how unprofessional the coppers are mate. Who cares? You want them to ask NICELY? Knackers arent nice - why should our coppers be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I think the cops did a great job. Put yourself in that position, He remained calm and did his job.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I think the cops did a great job. Put yourself in that position, He remained calm and did his job.

S.

agreed, if i had my way the gardai would be allowed to beat them to a pulp if they felt like it, knacker joyriders dont deserve to be treated in any other way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Listen to what the girl whose car they hit says :D

Guess she knows peter :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Scummers. Class vid.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

ned78 wrote:

In fairness yeah, they were quite good, what did you want them to do?

Stay in the station and only respond when the stolen car is on fire, incase they get rammed or into a dangerous pursuit which could land them in the High Court.

These Gardai acted as the tax payer would have wanted them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

disagree with ned, think they did a great job to quickly end the situation. couldve escalated into a car chase and I doubt "would you mind getting out of the car please" would've worked.

Well done gardai this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Anan1 wrote:
    It doesn't take much common sense to see that such a course of action would have resulted in a less, rather than more, safe environment for the Gardaí.
    In what way? The window is no longer there, drag the ****er out if need be. How does it make the environment less safe? Maybe he would spit on the Garda?

Its common practice to smash to window and drag the person from the car.

It prevents the joyriders from restarting the car and driving over the police.

As shown here

and not so successfully here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Fair play to the gardai in that incident. Good to see some real work being done.
    Robbing a car and crashing into other peoples property and endangering peoples lives and etc. etc.... and so called joyriding should be a minimum of 5yrs in jail, and all these laughable suspended sentences and lack of jail space should be sorted out immediately in this country which in my opinion has no deterrent or proper law.

• Advertisement

ned78 wrote:

If you can provide an alternative method that works which brings about the same result,I'll take your point.But frankly the Gardaí did an excellent job.Treating them like the low-life,scum that they are is a tried and tested way of dealing with knackers like that,and it works.

lemansky wrote:
    If you can provide an alternative method that works which brings about the same result,I'll take your point.But frankly the Gardaí did an excellent job.Treating them like the low-life,scum that they are is a tried and tested way of dealing with knackers like that,and it works.

I'm not saying the Gardaí didn't get the job done ... but if this happened in the UK, there would have been aggression involved, but no language, or derogatory terms. "Get the f*ck out of the car you f*cking pr*ck" - that's professional? It should have been "If you don't step out of the vehicle Sir, I will have to use force". The Gardaí just show their redneck roots in this video, and I find that embarrassing. The whole thing could have been handled very differently, and if they needed an example, they could watch any of the shows on Men and Motors where Police stop people in the UK who have done far worse, yet still keep their cool and act accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

What are the side windows on that Celica made out of :eek:

ned78 wrote:
    I'm not saying the Gardaí didn't get the job done ... but if this happened in the UK, there would have been aggression involved, but no language, or derogatory terms. "Get the f*ck out of the car you f*cking pr*ck" - that's professional? It should have been "If you don't step out of the vehicle Sir, I will have to use force". The Gardaí just show their redneck roots in this video, and I find that embarrassing. The whole thing could have been handled very differently, and if they needed an example, they could watch any of the shows on Men and Motors where Police stop people in the UK who have done far worse, yet still keep their cool and act accordingly.
    Thats because they know that they're on camera.I've heard plenty of swearing on Toad Wars.Besides the Gardaí did ask them to get out of the car before resorting to swearing.I don't think that they could've done things much differently.You've got to speak their language sometimes.

lemansky wrote:
    I don't think that they could've done things much differently.You've got to speak their language sometimes.

I think they could have done things very differently, and 'speaking their language' only drags the Gardaí down to their gutter level.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

i think the Gardai were 'polite' when askin him to get out, he could have just smashed the window and dragged him out, and like Anan1 said, if that had happened then they have nice vid footage to sue with.

"Get outta the car"
    "Get out"
    "Get OUT"
    "Get outta the fuppin car ya pwik" :D

The cracking noise between every "get out" was the garda trying to break the window with his baton.. Standard practise to break the window is the car is still running.

Apparently it takes a massive amount of effort to break a car window with the existing garda batons.

ned78 wrote:
    I think they could have done things very differently, and 'speaking their language' only drags the Gardaí down to their gutter level.
    Well in the heat of the moment I'm sure it looked different to those Gardaí.When you've got scum like that doing what they were doing courtesy goes out the window.If you want to be treated well you act accordingly.I don't think that speaking their language drags them down to their level.It merely underlines the fact that they are scum and don't deserve to be treated as real people.
    As has been pointed out the Gardaí were trying to break the windows and still they didn't get out,so the Gardaí were bound to start getting verbally aggressive.

lemansky wrote:
    As has been pointed out the Gardaí were trying to break the windows and still they didn't get out,so the Gardaí were bound to start getting verbally aggressive.

Pointed out incorrectly! The Gardaí were rude and aggressive from the off. There was no attempt at reasoning, or inkling of professionalism before the violence kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Lol best post ever ^^

The fact of the matter is, the joyrider is a little prick. Telling him to get the f*ck out of the car is is acceptable.

• Advertisement

The fact of the matter is, the joyrider is a little prick. Telling him to get the f*ck out of the car is is acceptable.

No, it's not. Where does professionalism end, and this sort of thing begin? Police in the UK and in the USA are taught to protect and serve. I watched the Police in NYC deal with a bum who walked into their Station when I was reporting a lost phone, they were so diligent and understanding it blew me away. I've been a passenger in a car stopped on a B Road in the UK for being a little above the limit, and we dealt with on a very professional way - the mistake was pointed out, we were given a ticket, and sent on our way without any of the usual "So, you think you're shpeedy gonzales eh? A bit of the Michael Shoe Maker?" sarcasm we're so used to here.

Advertisement