Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Manson covers Timberlake

• 25-05-2007 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Oh dear.......mid life crisis for Manson??:eek:

Shock rocker Marilyn Manson has shocked fans by covering Justin Timberlake's latest hit What Goes Around… Comes Around.

The singer is currently promoting his new album Eat Me, Drink Me and performed an acoustic version of Timberlake's single on the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge programme on Wednesday.

A recording of the track is available on the BBC Radio 1 website.

Source: Breakingnews.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Justin Timberlake is amazing, Manson recognizes his genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

manson is a stooge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Dammit,

Was wishing when i opened the thread it would read:

"Manson covers Timberlake in Petrol and sets fire to him for the greater good of music!!" :D

But sadly no! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Justin Timberlake is amazing, Manson recognizes his genius

Haha. Good joke.

Timbaland and Pharrell Williams are the genius behind Justin Timberlake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

they obviously didn't report the part where nearly everyone who performs on live lounge ends up doing some strange cover

..and i didn't read the report about dillinger escape plan not only covering timberlake, but sounding eerily like the original...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

whose this timberland person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I actually much prefer that version on heartshaped glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

nadir wrote:

They're all a bunch of planks if you ask me!

Manson seems to make a mess of every song he covers in my opinion, although with a Timberlake song, I don't think he could make it any worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

nadir wrote:

He is a producer for all the recent big hip hop artists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Any link to the cover no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

I like the maths of that-a tired re-thread of Alice Cooper, Trent Reznor and David Bowie covering a song by a man whose latest album is a tired re-thread of Prince and Michael Jackson.

Where has all the originality gone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Patricide wrote:
    Any link to the cover no?

the op said on the bbc radio one website.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

i know but im lazy, and require to be spoon fed a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Heard manson's new single, nice video but as far as I'm concerned he's not worth his success. His image and approach is great but musically has always been lacking. One catchy single (The Beautiful People) and everyone seemed to be wowed ever since. With Nine Inch Nails putting out great albums and Smashing Pumpkins back and sounding amazing this guy really pales in comparison. I just hope he know that deep down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

the man likes his covers so im not surprised really!his version of like a virgin is crppey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Den_M wrote:
    Heard manson's new single, nice video but as far as I'm concerned he's not worth his success. His image and approach is great but musically has always been lacking. One catchy single (The Beautiful People) and everyone seemed to be wowed ever since. With Nine Inch Nails putting out great albums and Smashing Pumpkins back and sounding amazing this guy really pales in comparison. I just hope he know that deep down.

In fairness, I'd say that after everyone liked that particular single they started buying his albums, and hence his popularity. I think he deserves every iota of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

He has a lot of good songs imo. he is worth his success, and seems like a nice guy.
    Justin Timberlakes songs are much much better than the usual pop drivel alos, could be an ok song, we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

and seems like a nice guy.

say that to trent reznor...

...you know, next time you see him 'round the local.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've met him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

whoa!

i'd imagine it sounds like some eurovision Sh1t. eeek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

say that to trent reznor...

...you know, next time you see him 'round the local.

I could have sworn they made up (to an extent) age ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

What the hell?
    After listening to this, I was in a state of utter confusion...
    Manson covering Timberlake? Thats like... I can't even think of an example! But it's like a mediocre metal band covering Britney or something:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Driver 8 wrote:
    I like the maths of that-a tired re-thread of Alice Cooper, Trent Reznor and David Bowie covering a song by a man whose latest album is a tired re-thread of Prince and Michael Jackson.

Where has all the originality gone...
    Without being groundbreaking or original, that combination of influences sounds like a fairly unique and interesting concept really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

hahaha, I couldn't have asked for a better cue to post this.

God Given' Sexy Back, NIN & Timberlake remix made from the God Given source files, tis feckin' genius!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/889px7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

That's so lame, everyone's doing it these days. Covering pop songs in an indie acoustic style, or what Manson is doing. I'm sure it was funny the first time but we can all already imagine what it sounds like. Just shows how Timerlake has more originality than Manson. Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

When/why did Trent and Manson fall out?

Tar; which one did you meet? Reznor or Manson?

Tbh I think Manson is seriously lacking in musical talent and ability but full marks for knowing how to market yourself. IMO, covering this song, along with 'Personal Jesus' and 'Like a Virgin', they were just clever marketing schemes to sell records and come across as so 'alternative and edgy and freaky' also. I like the original Justin Timberlake song, tis the ultimate needle in a haystack of ****ty r'n'b-pop songs (although there's no actual ****ing rhythm nor blues in r'n'b these days!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gemgem182

manson in my opinion has had some good albums..Vocally he's never going to compare to the greats and i personally think he fell apart after twiggy left but music is a business and i think manson is just trying to stay out there..He's always been a shock rocker that it wat he's famous for personally i think his new album is ****e and the song heart shaped glasses is a ballad compared to the rest of his songs that y the video is so shocking and he will continue to shock us till the day he tops hiself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I thought I waould hate teh new album, but there are 4 or 5 songs on it that I activly enjoy. I really like his vocals , particularly on acoustic songs.

I cant find the recording anymore, can anyone find it?

Advertisement