Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which of this years upcoming releases are you

• 25-05-2007 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

excited about?

I'm really looking forward to all of these;

Assassins Creed
    Halo 3
    Bio Shock
    Half-life episode 2
    Mass effect
    GTA IV

But I'm not sure which will make it out in '07. What games are you waiting for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Mainly GTA IV, always thought I'd buy a PS3 until Sony lost their exclusive deal they had on the ps2.

Also really looking forward to Alan Wake. I quite liked the countryside in San Andreas and was disappointed when it was announced GTA IV would just be one big city, but there's plenty of countryside to drive through in Alan Wake. Also the rest of the game looks class.

Assassins Creed does look good.

Not much else, suppose I'm looking forward to next year's Pro Evo which should be a true next gen version and a marked improvement on Pro Evo 6 on the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Yeah, I would have had Alan Wake on the list but I heard it has been pushed back into '08. Think I first heard about it this time last year – hope the time they are spending on it pays off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Looking forward to EA Skate, dunno if it'll live up to the hype it is getting tho'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

grizzly wrote:
    Assassins Creed

FTW!! That is all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

looking forward to Halo 3 and Half-Life : the orange box the most ,plus i'll be picking up the darkness when it comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There are numerous games that seem like they will rock socks:
    Bioshock: I am absurdly excited about this. Looks like the game that could finally get the next gen rock and rolling.
    Assasians Creed: Should be great fun. Videos are excellent thus far.
    GTA IV: after a strange teaser trailer (only Rockstar could make it a Quatsi parody), I still have high hopes for this.
    Alan Wake: Physics look amazing.
    Half Life Orange Box: For episode 2, and also the fact my PC has continually refused to let me play the previous episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

A few places seem to have Resi 5 listed for a 2007 release... doubt we'll see that until Q4 2008 though:(
    GTA4 is the next reason I got my 360, can't wait for that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I`m really looking forward to Call of Juarez on the 360. I`m hoping it will be the first wow game that I have played on the 360. So far I`ve played GOW, Ghost Recon, Pro Evo, Fifa 07, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Hitman: Blood Money, Earth Defense 2017 and Saints Row and none of them have impressed me greatly and certainly not given me any of the wow moments that the likes of Res 4, Half Life 2, MGS or GTA provided on the PS2 or original Xbox.

Also can`t wait for GTA 4:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Alan Wake
    GTA IV
    Mass effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

woooo232 wrote:
    I`m really looking forward to Call of Juarez on the 360. I`m hoping it will be the first wow game that I have played on the 360.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but from what I've played of it on the pc, it's just another tired generic fps.
    If GoW didn't do anything for you, then I wouldn't hold out any hope for that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

tman wrote:
    Sorry to disappoint you, but from what I've played of it on the pc, it's just another tired generic fps.
    If GoW didn't do anything for you, then I wouldn't hold out any hope for that...

ah nuts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Mass Effect is definitely my most wanted 360 game, hoping for a great successor to KOTOR with the devs having freedom to create a universe with gaming in mind rather than being tied to Star Wars mythology.

Then there's Assassin's Creed though I'll probably get the PS3 version depending on reviews, and same goes for GTA IV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

mass effect,Halo 3,Fable 2(hopefully peter molyneux will stop talking out of his hole about how good his games are going to be:rolleyes: )bioshock and hopefully resi 5 will get a 07 release date looks unlikely though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Half-Life EP2 (part one) was the dogs! Really liked that game, cant wait for part two but don't think I'll be getting it on Xbox, I'll be using Steam powered. Halo3 would be a must have too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What I'm mostly looking forward to are Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. After the disappointing FFXII I'm really looking forward to playing these two RPGs from the team behind the old final fantasy games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

- Forza Motorsport 2
    - Bioshock
    - Clive Barker's Jericho

Dunno anything about Mass Effect... just heard its name being thrown around.

Think I'm board of GTA - didn't play San Andreas after finishing Vice City... though I have both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Looking forward to half life 2 coming to the 360 havnt got a good enough pc for it and the xbox version wasnt great looking. Gta obviously is going to be fun but after playing 5 of them now and a few clones its to the point that im not sure if theres anything left in the sand box type games that I can excite me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote:
    What I'm mostly looking forward to are Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. After the disappointing FFXII I'm really looking forward to playing these two RPGs from the team behind the old final fantasy games.

Ah yes. Blue Dragon really does look terrific.
    Looks like my avoidance of full price 360 games is going to come to a crashing end soon :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mass Effect
    Bio Shock
    Call of Duty 4
    GTA 4
    Assassin's Creed
    Unreal Tournament 3
    Haze (most likely in 2008)
    Splinter Cell: Conviction (2008)
    Res 5 (2008)
    PGR 4 (2008)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Splinter Cell: Conviction (2008)
    PGR 4 (2008)
    These should be out for Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

forza 2
    mass effect
    bio shock
    halo 3
    GTA 4
    assassins creed
    any new splinter cell or hitman would be nice too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

PGR4 would also be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Army of Two
    Bioshock
    Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Battlefield: Bad Company
    GTA IV
    Mass Effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

Pro evo and GTA 4 are top of my list but i also think the Darkness army of 2 and assasins creed could be worth a look . Colin Mcrae is a defo for me too .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

grizzly wrote:
    excited about?

Assassins Creed
    Halo 3
    Bio Shock
    Half-life episode 2
    Mass effect
    GTA IV

If I was to choose six, those would be mine too. :) Order would be different though.

Halo 3
    Mass Effect
    HL Episode 2
    Assassins Creed
    GTA4
    Bioshock

Great year for the box :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

grizzly wrote:
    excited about?

Assassins Creed
    Halo 3
    Bio Shock
    Half-life episode 2
    Mass effect
    GTA IV

all these and crysis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

It's funny that after all these posts, nobody named Shadowrun. Guess people aren't interested. I was think about it lately, just because theres nothing else due out for a while.

Here is a first glimpse from the Guardian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

grizzly wrote:
    It's funny that after all these posts, nobody named Shadowrun. Guess people aren't interested. I was think about it lately, just because theres nothing else due out for a while.

Here is a first glimpse from the Guardian

Ive had the final code of Shadowrun now for about a week, I dont really rate it much at all, its really slow or something, then the moves are just plain confusing! I havent made up my mind whether I like it or not yet.....

Try before you buy!

Anyhow, back on topic :

Halo 3
    GTA 4
    Assasins Creed
    Splinter Cell Conviction

Hmm Im a bit weary about Shadowrun. Im a predominantly single player person and a fully multiplayer game would have to be pretty damn good. Theres a demo due out next week, so will be waiting to play that.
    But word on the street (by which I mean 'superhighway') is that the 360 version is much better, the PC version being extremely compromised to make it console friendly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement