Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFA Telecom - Problem connecting to new account

Options
  • 25-05-2007 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Just wondering if anyone has used these guys before and have had any problems ?

they seem to be subcontractors using btbb

Got username and password and entered them as follows into BT Voyager.

Username: xxxxxxxxxxx@btbb

Password: xxxxxxxxxxx

Connection is dropping out at authentication at ISP. Got them to reset the account and they say it's live but still same prob. Any ideas?

<edit by moriarty: removed username/password>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Are you getting a Sync light on your modem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cpk

Yeah lights are all fine. diagnostic is fine till authetication with isp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Probably a case of the modem arriving before your account is fully setup (a regular occurence with BT).
    Make sure you're entering your details correctly then get onto support and verify that they have everything setup at their end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cpk

Turns out the problem is on their side, supposedly they're sorting it out and all should be fine. May involve changing my username.

Wish they could have told me this earlier to save on some paranoia over my settings.

oh and heh heh :

"<edit by moriarty: removed username/password>"

Can't remember what I used but it certainly wasn't my username and password. Good to know someone looks out for people making those mistakes though.

Advertisement