Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DELL PROBLEMS, please help.

Options
  • 25-05-2007 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Tried to buy a P.C. from Dell's website, 11 days ago. Applied for credit, ie. a pay by month agreement. Was supposed to hear back within 48hours, bt I didn't.

Called their "customer care" team, put through to Asia, it's in India I think. Staff seem to have a very limited knowledge of what's going on and after FIVE phonecalls on consecutive days and umpteen apologies and assurances that I'd be contacted by phone or e-mail later that day, I've yet to receive any call. I'm sick to death of it by now and don't plan on wasting any more credit on phonecalls to customer care.

Does anyone know how I can sort this out, or has anybody got a contact address or phone number that might get me through to someone in Ireland or the U.K.? The whole situation is ridiculous and offputting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sean Foley

anyone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Sean Foley wrote:
    The whole situation is ridiculous and offputting.
    Bring your custom elsewhere.

Simple as.

Wonders never cease to amaze.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I have never had problems with Dell customer service, but then Ive never applied for credit with them.

If you really want to persevere the only advice I can give is general. Always get the name of the person you speak to. Ask for a direct dial number or direct email for them so you can get back to the person who knows your story. Ask for email confirmation of anything discussed in a phone call (ive asked for this, theyve been pretty good at doing it)

I have no idea, but I wouldnt be surprised if the credit dept is completely separate from the rest of the sales/customer service team. Which might explain why your not getting anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I was going to apply for a loan ,got a call from a dell salesperson from ireland.
    Very helpful ,I decided not to go for the loan, just bought it outright.
    I have to say ,I'm always happy with dell here .
    BUT
    I was talking to someone on the dell online chat ,it was miserable .I was left waiting for every reply (2-3 mins) ,needless to say I left negative feedback to dell over it. I think the person I was "talking to" ,was from india because of their name.
    It actually felt like I was dealing with a small company from the a**hole of siberia.
    I can't understand dell's logic of outsourcing communications ,when clearly they will loose custom over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Have you tried contacting their new Presto service? I've heard they have the ability to sell systems as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

KtK wrote:

I have no idea, but I wouldnt be surprised if the credit dept is completely separate from the rest of the sales/customer service team. Which might explain why your not getting anywhere?

Credit is, or at least was, supplied by PTSB.

MrP

Advertisement