Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lymphoma

Options
  • 25-05-2007 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with canine lymphoma. Our 12 yr cross was diagnosed there 2 weeks ago...couldnt believe it as you'd never think she was sick at all! Shes getting chemo treatment for the next 3 months or so! Reading up about it is v scary as if left untreated they can go downhill v rapidly in a matter of months and even with treatment their lifespan is dramatically reduced. If anyone has had experience of this could u tell me how your pet reacted to the chemo and if they lived longer than a year after diagnosis! We're all gutted over the news as shes never been sick a day in her life!! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

I haven't had any experience with it myself but as far as I know, dogs and cats tend not to react as badly to chemo as humans do. But chemotherapy can be tough all the same so make sure that your dog gets lots of rest and TLC. There's a good article about canine lymphoma here http://www.marvistavet.com/html/canine_lymphoma.html

Lymphoma can be a difficult cancer to treat, and even though life expectancy can be reduced, at least you know what's wrong with her and you can look after her properly and make sure her quality of life can still be good. I hope her treatment goes well.

Advertisement