Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any automatic 1.6 convertibles ?

Options
  • 25-05-2007 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Looking for a new 1.6 litre convertible car which has to be AUTO as it's going to be an adapted vehicle for a disabled driver.
    Price range is 35-40k and only car I can find to meet all these criteria is the Renault Megane Cabrio.
    I've checked the VW EOS and Opel Twin Top but both of them don't offer an auto in less than a 2ltr.

Anyone got any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Peugeot 207CC 1.6 Auto or a MINI Cooper 1.6 Auto

Both have the excellent new 1.6 engine developed by BMW. The engine won the International Engine of the Year 2007 award in its class this month

The Peugeot has a conventional automatic box afaik, but the MINI has a CVT box. Both are well below budget, so if the money needs to be spent, there are a lot of options that can be ticked :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Astra Twin Top has an auto option on the 1.8, is there an absolute restriction to 1.6 litre?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If you don't mind my asking, why does it have to be a 1.6 or less? I'm assuming that the car is going to be tax-free and exempt from road tax, so the only real issues are fuel consumption and insurance. Going from a 1.6 to a 2 litre probably isn't going to have a dramatic impact on either.

Advertisement