Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would Ya?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭masto1983

They'd have the sh*t driven out of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

absolutely not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

masto1983 wrote:
    They'd have the sh*t driven out of them...

Yeah and its from an auction and it can be got for ALOT less than that price if anyone is genuinly interested.

but it's white, and a Mondeo LX, and a Garda car. why would you want it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

colm_mcm wrote:
    but it's white, and a Mondeo LX, and a Garda car. why would you want it?

Maybe he's looking for an Irish Bluesmobile! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Just came across it, and was wondering do people actually ex filth cars? Cant say i would tho.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Well SOME people not only buy ex police but ex military police :D:D:D

as for that Mondeo ...no way Jose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I know a guy who bought on identical car to that, and everywhere he goes, people on the roads think hes a cop! Cars are staying within limits much more when hes driving it.

Andrewf20 wrote:
    I know a guy who bought on identical car to that, and everywhere he goes, people on the roads think hes a cop! Cars are staying within limits much more when hes driving it.

This happens to all Mondeo LX drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

For about a grand maybe, not for that price :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

unkel wrote:
    For about a grand maybe, not for that price :rolleyes:

Exactly, it's well overpriced - I'd say the paintwork is in sh1t, the bumper defo looks worse for wear, 120k of hard driving etc.. It's not a bargain, that's for sure.

I'm sure that after 4 or 5 years a Garda car is basically of zero value as an asset i.e. it's been written off the books value-wise, and was probably only a grand or so to whoever bought it from them. Realistically I couldn't see it being worth a cent more than €2k, and that's at a push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Andrewf20 wrote:

I would love to have VIP treatment everywhere i go even though i am not a guard:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That is just silly money.

A work collegue bought a 2001 Mondeo 1.8 Zetec with 100k miles last year for €4k. It was a company car with a full service history and one driver from new. He knew the guy who drove it and bought it through him off the company. His car is in way better condition than that one and isn't white or D reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

lol guy I used to work with had an ex-PSNI berlingo that used to be used for a dog unit. Thing must have had nearly 200K on the clock and it still went....in bright sunlight you could make out "Police Dog Unit" where the decals used to be. When it would rain heavily the patching on the roof where the blue light used to be would leak.
    I don't know how much he gave for it but knowing him it wasn't a lot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I wouldnt touch it, it will have been driven into the ground.

If you want a nice ex police car buy from up north or UK, they have much better spec ex police cars which will usually be high powered models capable of actually catching criminals :D . Again though if you have been watching any of the UK police fly on the wall programmes on Sky/ITV you will see they are driven like their stolen :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Funny the last poster should say that, I was just going to post the same.

UK ex-polis auctions are more regulated, as, I'd imagine are the maintenance schedules.

If you can get an ex motorway patrol car, VRT permitting, and are willing to sort out the paint (from livery etc., not a problem for Volvoboy I'm sure) and the inevitable hacked trim, there are bargains to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I was offered an ex-special branch 2004 Mondeo for 4k recently in very good nick, so I say this one is way overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

stopped them yokes coming into our yard, better off with a laguna

old boy wrote:
    better off with a laguna
    A Renault Laguna? Are you serious? A Renault Laguna is one of THE most worthless and troublesome cars on the market especially the 01 to 05 model.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

As said, it's way overpriced, but it's worth noting that not all Garda cars spend their lifetime chasing stolen cars around the country, some of them have a relatively easy life.

• Advertisement

MAYPOP wrote:
    As said, it's way overpriced, but it's worth noting that not all Garda cars spend their lifetime chasing stolen cars around the country, some of them have a relatively easy life.
    You can be sure the good ones don't even get to auction though, they're found new homes well before that.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

old boy wrote:
    stopped them yokes coming into our yard, better off with a laguna

Good Joke:p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

How about this one:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=698455

There is either a zero missing at the end of the price or the mileage though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I LOLed anyway.

I like the Mondeos actually, Ford have come a long way in the last few years IMO.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Buy it if it still has the aerials on the roof - Scare the bejaysis out of your mates they'll think youre an undercover copper :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

they are balls of ****e. the only ex garda vehicles id buy would be the bikes or the likes of the foresters or other jeeps. would never buy a car.

incidently there was an auction on the naas rd yesterday from 11am that had a fair few ex garda bikes on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭maidhc

JohnCleary wrote:
    Buy it if it still has the aerials on the roof - Scare the bejaysis out of your mates they'll think youre an undercover copper :p

I used to do that in secondary school with my Mk1, which was An Garda's weapon of choice back then. It was very immature. :)

Advertisement