Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiles

Options
  • 25-05-2007 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi can someone answer a question please. I want to get tiles in my kitchen and bathroom(my first home) and I cant remember If hard somone say big tiles make a room look smaller or is it the other way around:confused: Appreciate the help. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Big tiles on the floor make the room look big, I've used this tip myself

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Thank you so much,also do you know if there is a name for shiney tiles like for a bathroom floor, are they real expensive? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I think your talking about ceramic tiles, the price would vary considerably I'd imagine.

Grands thanks for the info will have alook around:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It maybe porcelain tiles you are after? They would be shiner than ceramic. Have a look at my blog link in my sig and see if what we did is the tile u are looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Lay the floor tiles in a diamond pattern (i.e. 45 degrees tilted from normal) to make the room look bigger.

Thanks so much people, wow Yop fab house you must be proud of yourself I love your landing with the lovely wooden doors,lucky person. Yes that is the type of tiles I want, the ones in your kitchen,real shiney ones,fabulous.where did you get them?:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks very much, yes all the work did make it worth it!!

We purchased the floor tiles in the kitchen from Tilewarehouse in Castlebar, I presume that all Tile Warehouses have the same.

The bathroom tiles were all purchased in TubsNTiles sale.

I think, I could be very wrong but they were both in or about 28 euro per sq yard, since I did the tiling it meant we could push more money into the tiles.
    Borders were a tenner a piece. Mosaic were about 100 euro per sq yard

Cool thanks for the info. Good lucky with your new house,and cheers for the input.:)

Advertisement