Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shuttle SN45G graphics upgrade suggestions

Options
  • 25-05-2007 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I’m thinking of breathing some life into my old sn45g, its currently housing a 9600xt and im considering an x1950 pro. Anyone done this already? The two things im concerned about is the power requirements and the physical size, obviously two slotters are out but there might be height issues too. Is there even an nvidia card or other ati solution that people could recomend a shuttle?
    It will have an xp3200 and a gig o ram so im not expecting cutting edge performance but the 9600 is showing its age, budget of about €200.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The AGP 7600GT or X1950 Pro is probably the best option power should not be a problem for either as Shuttle tend to put fairly good PSU's into their chassis.

The X1950 is according to the web 228mm long and the length of the chassis is 300mm so I suppose you could measure it internally and see if there is room for 228mm and the X1950 Pro will work.

Failing that just get the AGP 7600GT as it's the next best available.

Advertisement