Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presidential Election?

Options
  • 25-05-2007 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

It was well advertised in the media that FG made this a presidential election in response to Berties campaign last time. Is it just me or was this the reason it has backfired on FG and for the smaller parties.

I felt I couldn't have Kenny as a Taoiseach and this was the view of many people I knew, therefore a vote for an FG candidate was a vote against Kenny. So it became a vote for the Taoiseach rather than voted on the basis of the local candidate.

And if people didn't like Kenny a vote for a smaller party would be waste when they wanted to make their stand against him.

I wouldn't have been so adversed to voting for my local FG candidate (varadaker) if it wasn't a vote for Kenny.

Sorry its a bit of a ramble and I hope I am making sense but would anyone else agree with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Basically with the leaders debate this is what it looked like.

Enda K always reminded me of George Double Ya. Another reason not to vote for him

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

A member of FG (can't remember his name) pointed out that FF's strengths were (a) the economy, and (b) Bertie Ahern. So he made the point that FG had to concentrate on things like healthcare, crime, and quality of life.

Advertisement