Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No VGA port WTF???!?!?!?

Options
  • 25-05-2007 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Just put together my first pc,
    everything went great.

Just went to hook it up and there s no VGA port.
    I m fooking pissed!!!:mad:

Here it is here.
    https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=324367
    Maybe I m wrong but is it not standard to have a VGA port
    on all motherboards.

Its like a car without a steering wheel!:rolleyes:

Any way got an old VGA card from a pc built back in 1967 when they were still used and it doesnt fit.

Anyone recommend a card to get as I m now going to have to go get one of them aswell!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not all motherboards have on board graphics, normally if you are buying parts for your PC you would factor that in and stay away from them because they are normally very basic and won't play many of the games out today, if that is what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

To expand on what Ruu said most motherboards dont because self builders will usually want to choose their graphics cards - the whole point of self buliding is to customise. It would be a waste to put on board graphics on a MOBO when it will be never used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Crap I didnt realise that, but I just tried to fit a graphics card to it and it wont fit either.
    Can someone please have a look a the enlarded picture on the link and tell me
    if the PCIE_16_1 connection (the light blue one) looks strange?

The reason I ask is because I have tried fitting two cards and its seems to small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Tails142

pci express is a relatively new format, you would need to have a fairly recent graphics card (~3 years) for it to be that format

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

What type of cards? PCI, AGP, or PCI-X?

Do you have a model number for the cards you tried to fit?

{EDIT} See above, if it's not very new and quite expensive, it ain't going in the blue one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Nah the VGA card is from a really old pc and the Graphics card is from a friend who upgraded to deal with Vista.

So PCI express eh? well off to the shop tomorrow.
    Price wish what should I expect?
    Oh and most important should I be worried about compatability?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

no need to worry about compatibility depends on how much u wanna spend?

https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=332301

heres a good card any pci express card really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭andy1249

Any way got an old VGA card from a pc built back in 1967 when they were still used and it doesnt fit.

Cool !! Future PC's must have time travel cards in them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Obviously if you planned using onboard video, you won't be playing games anyway, so This would do perfectly fine, no point throwing money at something you won't use.

Also try PM'ing emm32 on adverts.ie, was selling X300 Pci-e cards for 10 euro.....would also do you fine. Far as I know he has quite a few left too.

If you must travel to somewhere like PC World, their prices are usually much more expensive then online, but they do have reasonably priced 6200 cards, at about 45 euro, which works out the same as buying it online really when you factor in postage etc. But never buy any sort of a decent card at PC World, you will pay way over the odds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

1967?

does it have any valves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Anyone recommend a card to get as I m now going to have to go get one of them aswell!

Bit weird you built it then realised you were missing a vital (and standard) component. Anyway, if you want a cheap, basic PCI-E card, I got some for sale, see Adverts.ie (Edit: reply on adverts thread thx)

Wouldnt usually pimp my stuff, but these 6800 cards are really too old for games and such but perfect for someone that just wants any card.

Incidentially, you will need a DVI-VGA (DSUB) adapter on most PCI-E cards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

kurisu wrote:
    1967?

does it have any valves?

lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement