Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruari Quinn - Poor Form

• 25-05-2007 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

daveirl wrote:
    And I though I had misheard him! - very poor form. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Quinn is a feicless waster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Yeah, I can't belive he gave away the end of the film. The bastard. Looks like its not worth my while going to see it. Inconsiderate so and so.

Pretty petty comment from a politician but accurate/funny all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Spoiler tag that ffs... you are as bad as him...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

daveirl wrote:

he was just joking really and in fairness the 'crooks' are the good guys in the movie so it was harmless imo..

copacetic wrote:
    he was just joking really and in fairness the 'crooks' are the good guys in the movie so it was harmless imo..
    Aw god damnit!!!!!:mad:

jhegarty wrote:
    Spoiler tag that ffs... you are as bad as him...

yep, spolier tag required :rolleyes:

read all about it, shock horror, happy ending to hollywood film!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

The Saint wrote:
    Yeah, I can't belive he gave away the end of the film. The bastard. Looks like its not worth my while going to see it. Inconsiderate so and so.

I saw it last night. Ehhh save your money and go watch something else. About the only good bit was Keith Richards cameo. Everything else was meh.

Cheers. I'll save my time and picket Quinns offices instead.

The Saint wrote:
    Aw god damnit!!!!!:mad:

well I haven't seen it so I don't know tbh, but u have to be kidding if you don't know what the ending will be before you go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've notice that Quinn is abrasive when not really appropriate.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Quinn is a legend,the man is too intelligent for politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

LOL!!!1

quinn is a legend

So just because said it today it's offensive? :rolleyes:

I also don't think it's an attack on the electorate, it's an attack on the other political parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

i thought it was quite light hearted and was said in jest, no need to get nancy you have won the election so leave him alone to crack what you have to admit was a pretty witty comment:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

daveirl wrote:

Good man, Ruairi. Honest as ever.

By the way, one half (nearly) of the electorate has insulted the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Can someone put a clip up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Lighten up. It was not much more than a throwaway remark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well either way he's going to say that. surely he wouldn't forget the former IRA terrorists in his own party....would he?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Maybe the people on here who have been braying how Bertie has been responsible for the great economic boom should remember Mr Quinn was Minister for Enterprise and Employment in 1993/1994 and Minister for Finance between 1995 and 1997.
    Those happen to be the years when a lot of the work for the Celtic Tiger economy was laid and where it began to take off.
    And yes Bertie was involved in one of those regimes.
    BTW the real Celtic Tiger died back in 2001, what we have been having for last 5 years is Developer pussy.

He has a right to his opinion, just like the non 40-45% of the electorate that voted, who did not vote FF.
    He actually stated what a lot of us are thinking.
    And at least he was honest, not trooping out with usual tripe about how the competition were so wonderful and hardworking.

Last week Gormerly was about to trottle McDowell in Ranelagh, this week he is so upset for his family. Call a spade a spade and say you are glad to see the back of him ffs.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

jmayo wrote:
    Maybe the people on here who have been braying how Bertie has been responsible for the great economic boom should remember Mr Quinn was Minister for Enterprise and Employment in 1993/1994 and Minister for Finance between 1995 and 1997.
    Those happen to be the years when a lot of the work for the Celtic Tiger economy was laid and where it began to take off.
    And yes Bertie was involved in one of those regimes.
    BTW the real Celtic Tiger died back in 2001, what we have been having for last 5 years is Developer pussy.
    Well done. I was going to post something like this but you've saved me the bother. Economic growth with Quinn as finance minister beats anything since. If only it had been allowed to continue, but the electorate voted against economic growth in 1997.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

jmayo wrote:

Welll said. The amount of young people I know who voted FF because they think FF single-handedly kickstarted the economy in '97 is beyond belief.
    jmayo wrote:
    He has a right to his opinion, just like the non 40-45% of the electorate that voted, who did not vote FF.

I think about 60% of the electorate voted non-FF.
    jmayo wrote:
    Last week Gormerly was about to trottle McDowell in Ranelagh, this week he is so upset for his family. Call a spade a spade and say you are glad to see the back of him ffs.

Yeah, it really pissed me off last night to to hear people who had previously slated McDowell at every opportunity being so gracious to him. He lost and it's great news. I for one would have been dancing on his political grave if I'd been interviewed on tv.

I'm sure his family will have a nice minsterial pension to live on and it's not like he's gonna be claiming the dole next week. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

well, can't say rauri is wrong

truth hurts for some people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

It was a joke FFS. And he didn't say crooks, he said "another shower of pirates".

Zebra3 wrote:
    Yeah, it really pissed me off last night to to hear people who had previously slated McDowell at every opportunity being so gracious to him. He lost and it's great news. I for one would have been dancing on his political grave if I'd been interviewed on tv.
    It's a competition. Grace in victory is just as important as anything. If Gormley was to say "Good riddance to that fecker", he'd find himself at the wrong end of everyone.

It's perfectly fine to spend an election race slating your opponents, and then giving them your commiserations when they lose. As I say, it's a competition - football managers will often go on about how they're going to kick the opponents ass, but then when the game is over will often commend the opponents for their play and take their win gracefully. It's about having a bit of class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 The White Rose

Well done. I was going to post something like this but you've saved me the bother. Economic growth with Quinn as finance minister beats anything since. If only it had been allowed to continue, but the electorate voted against economic growth in 1997.

The reason the rainbow lost in 1997 was beacuse they had only given a 1p tax cut thru the long 5 years.
    FF came in and immediately started cutting personal taxes and giving hard working people some of their money back
    Rabbitte finally copped it this year by promising a 2 cent cut which prob saved them from meltdown

Ardent wrote:
    It was a joke FFS. And he didn't say crooks, he said "another shower of pirates".

:confused::confused:
    i have no issue with what he said, but I watched it live and
    he clearly said crooks.