Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruari Quinn - Poor Form

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The reason the rainbow lost in 1997 was beacuse they had only given a 1p tax cut thru the long 5 years.

The Rainbow wasn't in power for five years up to 1997.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I think it was a flippant remark, and an honest opinion. It's of little consequence what he says now. At least he's calling a spade a spade.

The crowd that got in were deemed to be much more than a shower of pirates or whatever, seeing as they were elected to the Dáil. I saw the context, and I didn't think he was being seriously negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Zebra3 wrote:
    Yeah, it really pissed me off last night to to hear people who had previously slated McDowell at every opportunity being so gracious to him. He lost and it's great news. I for one would have been dancing on his political grave if I'd been interviewed on tv.

Did you notice Brian Cowen saying that he was glad to see Pat Rabbitte had done well in his own election as he was a personal friend even though they've been at each other's throats for ages. You'd be shocked by the number of people who attack each other constantly in the Dáil yet who are friends outside of it. Being a committed opponent of someone politically doesn't mean you dislike them personally after all. Just after an election is about as honest a time as politics gets in this country on an individual level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

LOL, after hearing that, I wish I could go back a few days and put him further up on my ballot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Poor form how?

It's true and it's not going to influence anybodys vote...maybe if he had said it before it would have been poor form. I think its clear bertie has been corrupt and taken money on the sly and not paid tax...therefore a crook by breaking the law and robbing the people of tax money that everyone else has to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

daveirl wrote:

I've only one close friend who is near my political outlook (he approaches it from the FG side, me from the FF side). Quite a few are completely opposed to my politics and vice versa. It makes for interesting conversations sometimes. Everyone agreeing with each other all the time gets boring real quick. :)

Advertisement