Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabitte starts the U-turn

Options
  • 25-05-2007 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Rabitte just on RTE talking about the "national interest" as predicted

will he do it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

If you saw him on the news at 9, he was quite definite he would not.

I can see him standing aside as leader and a new leader cutting the deal.

I don't see why not, I mean it isn't as if they were given any kind of a mandate by the people for the change that they were looking for. The electorate seem quite happy with FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Voipjunkie wrote:
    Rabitte just on RTE talking about the "national interest" as predicted

will he do it

Ha! FF with PD(s) and a few indept should now make it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

He was questioned about the National Interest and didn't concede much but he was softening a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'm thinking he's trying to limit any possible damage from those within his own party, as much as limiting the embarassement of dealing with FF after the Mullingar Accord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

He can't possibly lead them into gov. with FF.

I just can't see him swallow his large pride. I've lots of time for him, but working side by side with Bertie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

To be fair, Rabbite knows the long term damage this would do to Labour. At the same time, he knows the lads are getting on and want a shot at Govt. If it happens, I doubt he would be leader. Its a time of stress for him, he was hopin for FG coz it was easy to sell to Labour.

Labour will only go into an FF govt if FF get 70-75 seats and Rabbite resigns as leader.

Labour would have to get at least 4 or 5 Minister's before they would join FF that would p**s off a lot of FF Ministers

Not Sure Labour would sign up for that tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Health, Justice and couple of minor ministeries like Fisheries and Defence should do it!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Voipjunkie

Rabittes attitude was completely different to that he displayed during the election I don't expect him to concede now but FF have options including the Greens and maybe the 2 pds and some independents so maybe he won't even be asked as the Greens might be an easier option in relation to ministerial seats as would the PD/independent option the only thing there is what the greens demands outside of ministerial office might be policy wise.

But I honestly think Rabbite is 60 now this is realistically probably his last chance at power and the same goes for most of the Labour front Bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

In the same manner as Bertie has taken a hit in credibility [obviously credibility & intergrity being neglible polictical assets as of May 2007 ;) ] Wabbit will flip-flop here and shamefully [not that it will register] spin his position like an drunken, epileptic, dizzy, Chasey Lain, on a lubed matress in an earthquake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I am a fan of rabbitte, but can you take him serious if he goes in with FF?

He made it clear before the election a vote for labour is a vote for change. He'd lose my respect if he went in with FF as he would have decieved the electorate.

He would have to stand down if Labour were to go in with FF, and that is a big loss to Irish polotics.

But I suppose if it means SF aren't in maybe it has to be done, but is that a FF bluff? would they actually go in with SF?

Advertisement