Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Carwashes

Options
  • 25-05-2007 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

I know that someone was looking for a decent carwash in the city a few weeks ago, but I can't find the thread!

I got a job done on my bus today; I have the pictures posted in a different forum.

Link here: http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=37403&PN=1&TPN=1&get=last#350266

Got it done in the Maxol in Westside. Well happy with the results!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

How much did that set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Their prices start at €25 and go up to about €140 depending on what you want. The job they did on mine was the higher end of the scale, but I got them to do a clean inside, de-tar and wash on my mothers car a couple of weeks ago for €35 and it looked stunning. They got stains off the beige carpet and some sticky stuff off the leather for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Looks tidy. Did they clay it? If so, anything after that?

Did you sit and watch, or feck off and come back? Would like to see what equipment they used

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

nice job and nice car.

hehe fay i know where you live :D

well lets just say its near 1 of our houses.:D

I just left the car to them while I was at work. The wheels were done with a bottle brush, and the resf by hand, afaik. It didn't really need claybar, but they did de-tar it.

Awhir; I think that half the town knows that car!!! It's back to it's normal manky self after a 400 mile trip today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Fey! wrote:
    Their prices start at €25 and go up to about €140 depending on what you want. The job they did on mine was the higher end of the scale, but I got them to do a clean inside, de-tar and wash on my mothers car a couple of weeks ago for €35 and it looked stunning. They got stains off the beige carpet and some sticky stuff off the leather for that.

Hi Fey thanks for posting this. I was using the guys at the back of Tom Hogans every few months (E25 for car clean/vac/windows inside and out which was great value) but now they have increased their proces to E35. Might give these guys a go next time. Very close to work too so I could leave it with them for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

somethin else worth checkin
    518456472_72f1984739.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

Another place worth looking at is at the back of the Orantown Shopping Centre in Oranmore, I take both my company van and my car there.

Other jet wash places are one at the bottom of woodquay on the bottom of the Headford Road, the Headford Rd shopping centre one has re-opened, and there is one on the Monivea Rd in Carnmore opposite the Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Bonzodog wrote:
    Another place worth looking at is at the back of the Orantown Shopping Centre in Oranmore, I take both my company van and my car there.

What are they like? What do they do and what do they charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Oh.. purdy car! :)
    I know that car pretty well too!

• Advertisement

chilly wrote:
    Oh.. purdy car! :)

Thanks! :D
    chilly wrote:
    I know that car pretty well too!

Is that a bad thing or a good thing??? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Fey! wrote:
    Is that a bad thing or a good thing??? :p

Fear not .Its no reflection on your driving and I wasn't inferring any plans to steal it (my hotwiring was never up to much ). :D

It seems that I live near you and I have passed by and thought "oh nice shiny car" :)

Its all good Fey! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Fey, did I see your car parked outside Busker Brownes on Sunday night? Brave man to park your pride and joy along there on a busy drinking night!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

One could also say brave man whoever gets caught vandalising cars or bikes in the city.

Outside Buskers is actually a fairly safe spot; it was under several cameras, and there's a huge amount of foot traffic, so anyone messing with a car would be spotted. The worst that ever happens is that someone leaves a glass on it or flicks up the wing mirrors. (Off I go to do the "touch wood" thing now...)

Chilly; I'm just thankful that I didn't cut you off at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

true, but I'd still be a touch paranoid - e.g. the lovely ladies swinging their handbags as they swan into Buskers, lads taking a rest against it as they have a smoke, and I've witnessed a more than a few yobs falling around the street along there over the years!

Advertisement