Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Tain pencils

Options
  • 25-05-2007 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Barry Reynolds the artists behind the beautiful An train graphic novel has posted some of the pencils from the book on his blog.......i have to save i think the pencils look alot better then the finished colour pages.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 M. Sean McManus

This looks great. When is it coming out, and were can I get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

This looks great. When is it coming out, and were can I get it?

its been out for at least a year now maybe a little longer......you can pick it up in most dublin comic book shops or some Easons have it [they should be able to order it in if they don't] I prefer barrys pencils over the finished colour verision. Outside of Ireland its harder, the guy who wrote them sold the english translation rights to some crowd in the US but nothing has come of it so far. I gave copies to number of editors at DC who expressed an interest in them but the rights had already been sold and its all muddy now over who owns what.

Tomm Moore posted pages from his book, An Sclabhai on his blog but he posted the finished pages not his pencils [the books were all produced by artists at the cartoon saloon]

• Registered Users Posts: 18 canislupus

It looks really interesting. I have been working away on my own comic version of the tain for the last year, back to the drawing board I guess. the idea of pulling it together now no longer appeals.

Advertisement