Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kurt Angle

• 25-05-2007 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭

Source - PWInsider:
    UFC President Dana White made it clear to the media yesterday that TNA start Kurt Angle is talking with the company and is serious about a MMA Debut.

Angle has been talking about it ever since he left WWE last fall, but it now appears his MMA debut is actually getting closer than ever to happening.

White noted that he feels that Kurt would need at least six months of training before the debut would happen, but none-the-less he would make a great fighter. We will certainly have more on this as we get it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I would have thought he'd be a bit old

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

and i would have thought that his injuries would have ruled this out and that that was why a reduced schedule in TNA suited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

UFC's current heavyweight champion is 5 years older than Kurt, although nowhere near as beat up as I'd imagine Kurt is

I still won't believe it til I see it. Kurt's talked a lot of big talk about his MMA aspirations, but I can't see how he's going to have a chance. When you look at Brock, he has got a chance. Brock had less of a break from "real" wrestling than Kurt did, he's younger, he's less beat up, and most importantly, he's been training in MMA for over a year. I'd love to see Kurt do well, but I seriously doubt he will unless he does put in a lot of training time, a lot of it on stuff he's never encountered before

From UFC's point of view, they could make a lot of money from Kurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Fozzy wrote:

I still won't believe it til I see it

co-sign.........
    No point speculating who or what he could face if he will find it hard enough to even get cleared to step into the cage with his current list of injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I agree with Fozzy and fatal. I don't think we'll ever see Kurt in UFC or any MMA company for that matter. I've lost a lot of respect for Kurt since he left the WWE. MMA is not the answer, unless he wants to end up 6-feet under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Count me in for third, but if we ever do see Angle in MMA, given his deteriorated state atm (he barely gets more than 10 minutes ring time in TNA as it is), he'll get his ass handed to him. Look at the main event of UFC 70! And then think about sticking Angle, a shell of who he once was in there. He'll be dead within seconds!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:

From UFC's point of view, they could make a lot of money from Kurt

1 show I think. That would be pretty much it.

Dana will always talk to him because if they did manage to get him it would be very lucrative. As for him being put 6 feet under, it would depend how long he trained for and who he was fighting.

For example, if they did a Brock Kurt match which would would probably be 1 of the most lucrative match ups they could do, I think he could at least be competitive given Lesnars inexperience. I'm not saying he'd win but it mightn't be a slaughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I think it would be great as long as they didn't gouge any of his 3 I's.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

pingu_girl wrote:
    I think it would be great as long as they didn't gouge any of his 3 I's.........

You win the thread :D

Advertisement