Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Abuse....

• 25-05-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Just after having a game of halo2 there as I havent played it in ages, and I was with a group of english lads which i was pleased about(because there usually more sound than americans)
    Anyway they were about 15 or 16 and they started team killing after a while, then they kept asking me if I raped 5 year old children and alot worse stuff than that i wont repeat on here, now usually I would just quit but i wanted to see the game out.
    Now i sent negative feedback about them but I really want to see them get their accounts deleted or something like that, because what the said was truly awful and they cannot get away with imo.

So what can i do besides sending negative feedback about them like I just did.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah, happens tbh. That's why ya have a friends list so you can play with people who don't talk about stuff you don't want to hear about.

File a complaint about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

You can draw up an official letter with the guys names and times and mail it to MS and or Bungie. But I can't see a lot happening unless they have had a rake of similar complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

thats life i'm afraid , some idiots just think that's funny.

send them some bad feedback and then set to avoid , if someone is getting out of hand and talking crap , just reach for the mute function and you won't have to listen to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

When I first started playing Xbox Live (COD2), I got woeful abuse from English people.
    People were reading my profile and once they knew I was from Ireland and started going on about the IRA, No Surrender!, etc.
    Got called an Orange b******d once:confused:

Stopped using the headset after that though I'm well able to take abuse, from working as a barman in college.

I find the Americans ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I think it makes the games more interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I have encountered people like this. I generally engage them unless they are really being bastardos than I either mute,boot or scoot, depends on the match I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Anyway they were about 15 or 16

Are you really surprised? Kids are kids and do stupid childish stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

All depends if you're doing well or not. Can be quite satisfying to see these people get angryer and angryer because you're destroying them. If they're better than you then it sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Some people love the "sh1t-talking" - it's part of the gameplay for them. Isn't there different gamer types (recreation, pro, underground, family) you can select in your profile when playing online.... it would be good if they would choose the right gamer type and/or play games with like minded individuals who are into that stuff instead of inflicting themselves upon the general gaming community.

I'd probably be happy just muting the jerks and let them waste their breath while I (hopefully) kick their ass. I'd definitely report them if their comments were too extreme but I hear it's nigh on impossible to get banned from Xbox Live for this sort of carry on.

Penny Arcade said it best: "Many modern games must be played multiplayer. And those you encounter online are, almost as a rule, complete and utter cockmongers." :D

Here's the scientific consensus on the phenomenon: [Linky]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yeah I've been online for about 3 years and I am well used to this thing at this stage, but its just what those little muppets said last night really pissed me off, it would be just funny to see them get banned and be without their precious little xbox live!

• Advertisement

Yeah I've been online for about 3 years and I am well used to this thing at this stage, but its just what those little muppets said last night really pissed me off, it would be just funny to see them get banned and be without their precious little xbox live!
    Your word against theirs - for all Microsoft know you have a vendetta against these guys and want them banned. Perhaps, if these guys are serial "offendsters" with many previous complaints, one more may be all that is needed to get 'em banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

"Game Experience May Change During Online Play"
    That allows MS and the game publishers to cover themselves
    and say you were warned.

Microsoft will not care, as long as they get the 60 bucks each year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Kill them over and over again in the game. Actions speak louder than words.....

DarkJager wrote:
    Kill them over and over again in the game. Actions speak louder than words.....

Hmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Or give us the name so we can play them and give them a good whipping...

Or give us the name so we can play them and give them a good whipping...
    Sic our crack squad of elite tea-bagging jerks on them to ruin their game? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

where you kicking their ass ? if so bitter grapes.

Im actually surprised theres no microsft peeps on there looking for this kind of thing it happens a fair bit I just dont bother using the headset.

Kristok wrote:
    where you kicking their ass ? if so bitter grapes.

Im actually surprised theres no microsft peeps on there looking for this kind of thing it happens a fair bit I just dont bother using the headset.

They were on my own team.

We were about 20 kills ahead when the people on the other team started to leave and only one of them was left.

I was left with those 2 muppets on my team who started killing me and each other.
    We ended up losing by a kill due to those muppets,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

O yeah to be a bit off topic the other day I was playing and there was five people on my team in gears of war, weird huh?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

shortys94 wrote:
    O yeah to be a bit off topic the other day I was playing and there was five people on my team in gears of war, weird huh?

First sign of the Apocolypse tbh. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Just ignore them or mute them.

Or turn the table so to speak.

Three friends and I were playing Gears the other day. The four of us were on the one team, and we had been playing the same group of 4 English guys for about half an hour.
    Everything was grand at first, and then out of the blue, they started bitching after a match.
    We'd killed the last three of their guys with chainsaws, and they wouldn't shut up about it.
    It was pissing us off so much, that the four of us just went fu€k it, and spent the next hour chasing them around with nothing but chainsaws.
    No shooting, or grenades, just chainsaws!:D
    It drove them nuts!:D :D:D

The stupidest thing I can ever remember was playing COD2 with a bunch of Americans, when two French speakers joined the game.
    Straight away the Americans all started slagging them for being French, and wouldn't let up. Thing is, they were ignoring the very obvious fact that the two guys names were Belgium1, and Belgium2!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I just turn the headset down anow when not playing with friends. Finding retards on XBL is like having sex with Kobe Bryant, you can fight it as much as you like, but sooner or later its going to happen.
    I was stuck with a bunch f spastics on GOW the other day, i just turned my headset right down, then after the round, just before i quit, turned it back up and said 'youre all a bunch of ****ing faggots' and quit. Not very mature, but made me feel better at any rate.

Yeah the english are normally good on Xbox. I cant stand the American's. I even wonder why i bought a headset as the majority are American .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Timmy

Their comments were sick but they are just dicks afterall.

I recommend the over-use of girls names as you kill them and at all times talk calmly as there is nothing more frustrating than that.
    There are complete knobs out there in every country but for every tool there are 10 decent guys who just want to kill you and get on with life!!!

Its just gonna happen so if it bugs you, drop out and there are plenty of games with decent people playing. I think you will be wasting energy with MS, but Bungie may do something however breath holding is not recommended:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

just kill them on game play, e.g. i was playing fear last night while i was in the lobby waiting for players. these 3 arse bandits were on team 1 i was waiting for players to join me on Team 2, the host launched the game. it was 3 brits against 1 in a capture the flag match which ment i was ****ed. well i collected loads of bombs, etc. collected loads of flags and won. in the time they were slagging me saying thery were going to beat my ass, well action speaks louder than words. i kicked there ass. after the game i sent them all voice messages calling them loosers. not1 got back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

I rarely play online now adays unless its co op with a mate , i don tlie death matches at all i find them very boring , its just your dead now your alive now im dead now im alive now your dead ............

Much prefere doing the game story loved Gears of war used to play that with my mate .

I was playing a demo of rainbow 6 i had never played it before had no instructions so i was checking out the buttons threw a grenade by accident :D killed the last guy on there team but also killed one of my own an english guy he went mad cursing then kicked me out of the room !!

What a spa the game was over anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

"What a spa the game was over anyway"

Says the guy who blew up his team mate :D

Advertisement