Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung SM226BW

Options
  • 25-05-2007 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

I am currently deciding on a new monitor and have come across the Samsung Syncmaster 226BW. I can't decide on whether to buy it or not because there is much confusion about "S" panels or "A" panels.
    Does anyone have this monitor? Is it as good as people say? How do I know which panel I am getting?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

the samsung has a really good panel on it

weder you want the 20 inch or 22 inch version is up to you , the 22inch version is just as clear and crisp on the samsungs there superb monitors have a friend with one , im getting one soon , there awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I had an A panel of the same model in 19" great picture! Nothing wrong with it at all!

I just upgraded to a SM225BW I find this picture to be a bit brighter and clearer! but thats just from going from the other one you wont notice the difference it could be just different monitors! Also If you going just for the style I duno I wouldnt really

The one I have is cheaper and I find picture on it better!?

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=325763

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 pgleeson

Hi there,

I had the same predicament as you but eventually decided to risk it anyway.

I'm just after getting the 22" version of this monitor a few days ago and I got the A type. It certainly needs adjustments out of the box as its way too dominant in blue. The following link is the best article I have found on the subject and they even provide a profile to download so you can auto setup the monitor if you do end up with the A type.

I'd give it 9/10 because of the blue tint, apart from that - its been perfect, movies are great looking on it.

Anyway, the best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

pgleeson wrote:
    Hi there,

I had the same predicament as you but eventually decided to risk it anyway.

I'm just after getting the 22" version of this monitor a few days ago and I got the A type. It certainly needs adjustments out of the box as its way too dominant in blue. The following link is the best article I have found on the subject and they even provide a profile to download so you can auto setup the monitor if you do end up with the A type.

I'd give it 9/10 because of the blue tint, apart from that - its been perfect, movies are great looking on it.

Anyway, the best of luck with it.

Exactly what I had as well and I would give it 9/10 also! The monitor I have now though would get a 10 lol! Its got a height adjustment thing makes things alot handier!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

So, where did you guys buy them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

yeah tbh the hole A vs S thing is a bit overhyped..its jusdt the S comes pre adjusted to best settings..and the A dosnt so youll have to set the brightness contrast urself..and colours as well..so when peeps saw A model in shops etc they would have seen it at default settings which wil lprob have dull colors and bit of backlght bleed..and the ons that actually bought an A model panel are just loking for errors as they think its inferior..there aint nothing wrong with either ate..im gonna be getting my 226 during the summer and i dont care what model i get as i know there both nearly equal after be collaberated..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

This might need a new topic but, what do you guys think of the Dell 2407WFP? It seems to be pretty cool and has come down in price...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 pgleeson

Hey Opinionated, got mine on overclockers.co.uk, have to say they shipped quick enough and it seems that they get a mix of both types. I agree with IgsTer that this whole A versus S thing is a bit out of proportion but the fact that you gotta adjust the A monitor compared to the S monitor means that I drop it to 9/10. If you calibrate it well - it will look great, whether that be for games or movies, but the A model is supposed to have a slightly slower response ~5ms versus ~2ms although I wouldn't really notice it being a casual gamer. Even with these(potential) problems it is still one of the best 22" monitors on the market and thats the reason I went with it. I'm not yet regretting my actions and once you make an informed decision - you won't either.

Either way, hope u get what you want from it.

Advertisement