Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car audio?

Options
  • 25-05-2007 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi all, just wondering if anyone knows anywhere in dublin to get decent, reasonably priced Car Audio gear (headunits, components etc)?
    went to halfords and they are seriously overpriced.
    would prefer a shop to try before i buy but can handle online.
    thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Any particular product you are after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭thomj42

not really to be honest, just want a decent headunit, something that looks nice and sounds even better :) prefer pioneer, clarion, alpine or blaupunkt but not really fussy. ipod connection and control essential!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

deffo pioneer for sound quality!
    try ebay.ie or .co.uk - you will pick up some seriously cheap head-units from the uk (not so many from eire)

yeh, i think i need to do some research into the best unit, hard to find advice and reviews online tho.
    why cant u just walk into a shop with a decent knowledgable salesman/woman and not be ripped off? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

pioneer p55bt - i'm pretty sure there is an extra lead you can buy for it to plug your ipod in (about €20/30 extra)

• Advertisement

thanks dude, i'll check it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

land9 wrote:
    pioneer p55bt - i'm pretty sure there is an extra lead you can buy for it to plug your ipod in (about €20/30 extra)

Yeah i think thats possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭domonick

the best head units are alpine by far in my opinion ,give gary at gw autos a buzz 0868228014

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭maidhc

You can't buy electronics anymore in Ireland (or anywhere in the EU really) unless you buy online. I bought a radio from incarexpress.co.uk a few months ago, and their service was pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

another vote here for www.incarexpress.co.uk - bought my last 2 stereos there (bought a second one because I wanted one with bluetooth so I'd have hands free), cost me about 2/3s of the price Halfords wanted. Delivery is very fast too - got my parcel 2 days after ordering it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I used www.incarexpress.co.uk aswell. No problems with them, very fast.

I got a pioneer MP3/CD. Not that impressed with it tbh.

Advertisement