Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Under-appreciated

• 26-05-2007 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering who you thought were/are the most under-rated wrestlers in the WWE. Personally I'd lash in Goldust, the Hurricane,Al Snow, Steve Blackman, D-lo Brown and Shane Mcmahon. All classics yet none of them (maybe with the exception of goldust but I can't be sure) got a push towards a heavyweight title. The WWE does have a tendancy to misuse brilliant talent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Stevie Richards, Raven, TAKA Michinoku, Matt Striker and Jamie Noble are a few names that pop into my head straight away. I think they all could/should have been used much better. In the case of Noble, I think he should actually be used, full-stop

At the moment I'd say Cade and Murdoch are vastly under-appreciated by the majority of fans, but I'm sure some are warming to them recently. Regal and Finlay are two of the best wrestlers around who don't seem to be appreciated by a lot of fans too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Fozzy wrote:

At the moment I'd say Cade and Murdoch are vastly under-appreciated by the majority of fans, but I'm sure some are warming to them recently. Regal and Finlay are two of the best wrestlers around who don't seem to be appreciated by a lot of fans too

Got to agree with you there, Cade & Murdoch are very much under appreciated by fans. They really can put on a great match and they have proven that especially since they are getting some more airtime the past few weeks.

Regal has been around so long, I wish he was appreciated more, along with Finlay. Both put on good, proper wrestling matches, different from other in the WWE (apart from Benoit). No big flashy moves but proper technique, which is refreshing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Shane O Mac, Blackman and Kane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Helms, Richards, Noble, Striker, Victoria, Dupree, Nitro.

Don't want to go into those who are no longer in the WWE, or I could be here all day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

lol steve blackman? steve "charisma vacuum" blackman?! jesus i dont think ive ever sat through a full match of his aside from a few hardcore ones,why not throw mabel and doink in there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Johnny Jeter(spirit squad, hes not used period)
    stevie richards
    noble
    davari(hes the best of all in my opinion)

Steve Blackman may not have a whole lot of charisma but either does benoit and he was great in the ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Steve Blackman was never half the wrestle Benoit was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

lol man ....steve blackman.....anyone else recall the crowd being dead during any of his matches?...just terrible.....only good for hardcore matches...

as for the list em.......christian.....sean ohaire.......rob conway....nitro...mercury....cade.....kid kash(wwe)...frankie kazarian(wwe) ...granted i think the last 2 were to small to make it there....but to lazy to think of anymore..

• Advertisement

Forgetting about blackman i think kane is one of the most underrated and unappreciated superstars.......anyone else agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

hulk hogan.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

ec18 wrote:
    Forgetting about blackman i think kane is one of the most underrated and unappreciated superstars.......anyone else agree?
    2 years ago I would have. Now he is so terribly out of shape I don't want to watch him. And I used to be the biggest Kane fan evAr. He needs to do a deal like what the Undertaker had i.e. only doing a few matches per month, not doing house shows, just so he can spend more time in the gym and fitness training. He's been going pretty much non-stop now for a while and it's obvious the road has taken its toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

ec18 wrote:
    I gotta agree with you on this one, hes always been a heavy hitter where ever hes been and he only ever got one day as the champion. He deserves a good run with the belt after his years of service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Maybe Kane does, but not in his current state of shape. He is after getting really clumsy in the ring and need to get back in shape (maybe even get the mask back).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

at the mo, it would have to be Finaly he is a great heel, and could become a face, if he wanted. he deserves a title shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Finlay never got the push he deserved. Sadly he is too old now.

Currently, Cade and Murdoch. Old school heels who deserve a tag title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Bubs101 wrote:
    under-rated wrestlers in the WWE. Shane Mcmahon. yet none of them got a push towards a heavyweight title. The WWE does have a tendancy to misuse brilliant talent

well having shane o mc as champion would be a misuse of brilliant talent. btw i think vince holding the ecw belt was great, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

well having shane o mc as champion would be a misuse of brilliant talent. btw i think vince holding the ecw belt was great, lol
    Seconded. Vince is proverbally wiping his ass with that belt on a weekly basis. Yet the concept of it is getting more viewers than December to Dismember did! Cos people will tune in the next week to see what the hell is gonna happen next.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

William Regal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Chris Jericho easily. Given the "first ever undisputed" champion (despite the fact that both Savage and Flair also had that monikor when they both won the belts after the titles were vacated in 88 and 91 respectively) and made to look like a weak champion needing interference left right and centre to hold on to it with the main exception being Rock at Rumble 02.

Then his Mania main event being overshadowed by Rock v Hogan, and then buried down the midcard. His career never really recovered from it since. :(

VR!

Advertisement