Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have a laugh at my expense ...

• 26-05-2007 12:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭

and then see if you can help.

Two weeks ago I dropped my Nokia, and the speaker / ringer broke. Of course I didn't know this until I was an hour late for work the next day (yup, I use the alarm on it). So for 2 weeks I'm using vibrate only to "hear" the phone ringing. Finally, yesterday I'd had enough after missing 7 calls in an hour. I went to a Vodaphone shop and bought a new Samsung 250. Not too expensive, and it has bluetooth. So I bought a universal bluetooth headset to go with it.
    Grand.

I checked the alarm before going to bed and was happy enough it would wake me. 5 hours later, it did. Brilliant. So I pressed SNOOZE and went back to sleep. 5 minutes later it went off again and I pressed snooze again. 5 minutes later it went off and I pressed snooze, but this time I do something unusual, I got up. I'm gonna be late, so I whipped on the jeans I bought yesterday and hit the bathroom. Just as I stepped away from the sink, the phone rang again. I ran into the bedroom, hit the button and brought it back into the bathroom. I fiddled with it for a minute and figured out how to turn the alarm off, and then put it into my pocket. Except the jeans I bought have pockets that are slightly higher than the other jeans I own and ... well, I missed the pocket and the phone fell ... right into the pot. Piss.

So I retrieved it and dried it off but the screen was flashing and there was all wierd stuff on it and I didnt have time to do anything (if anything could have been done) so I pulled out the sim card and put it back into the delapidated Nokia and headed to work.

In work I explained to a colleague what had happened and gave a demo. I dropped the Nokia on the floor and I made a nice splash sound. An hour later the Nokia rang.... with sound. I checked it and all was well. Great ... just great. I've just dished out €130 and €40 more for a bluetooth and now this bloody thing is working again. So the wife says she'll have the headset and use it with her Sony Ericsson cos my P.O.S. Nokia doesn't have bluetooth. Grand. I've just thrown €130 in the toilet and the wife takes advantage. Ah well.

So when I got home, I tried to pair the headset with the Sony but it won't work because the headset is still paired with the Samsung. But there isn't a peep from the Samsung and so I can't "unpair" it. So now I have a piss poor :rolleyes: phone and a bluetooth headset I can't use.

So does anyone know how to sort this out so the wife can use the headset and it won't all be a total disaster? It's an "icon universal - 'Tiny' Black Bluetooth Wireless Headset v2.0" And it seemingly has advanced call handling features as well. :cool: Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Read the manual. With every bluetooth headset I have owned so far, it has always been possible to pair it with a new device, without first removing it from the paired devices list on another phone, laptop, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭rahenyguy

just google the make of headset and with the word reset,you should get how to reset it to factory state,its normally something like holding in the power button with another button or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Great story Tony , good laugh..:D
    Urban is right you dont need to un pair from an existing device to pair with another..

Advertisement