Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is the Laois Offaly count so slow?

Options
  • 26-05-2007 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why it takes so long for them to count votes in Laois/Offaly. The first count came in near 11:00 on Friday evening, a time when some other count centres are done and dusted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i know. was on the rte site last night watching all the resulting coming in. everywhere was on the third count before lias ofally had finished the first.

must be because its 2 countys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

It's the largest constituency in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

This sort of stuff should be in the Politics Forum....i'd say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

it maybe the biggest area in the country, but every general election is the same!its the last count centre to declare any results! is there thicks in the count centre or what?!?! sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

......in Offaly we're meticulous in everything we do...it pays off in the end! Slow but sure !

• Advertisement

for as long as i can remember, and for as long as my dad can remember the count in offaly has always been slow! meticulous may mean careful, but does it really have to be slow....always the last constituency to declare any results!its madness.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

Just because the whole country rushes to get the count over and done with doesn't mean we have to follow suit.

of course we don't have to follow suit with everything....but it would be nice not to be paddy last for some election! even if its only one in a lifetime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i think they like the attention. everyone in the country sitting around for hours waiting on us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 schnecke1916

i think they like the attention. everyone in the country sitting around for hours waiting on us

Can anyone tell me where the counting is going on in Laois Offaly, I would like to go down and watch, I could do a bit of painting while I am down there for people to watch

• Advertisement

Byrnes old toy shop opposite tesco petrol station tullamore

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pudzianowski

I think this is a bit of a joke. If memory serves right, i think the fifth seat was only filled on the monday evening last time out. There is about approx. 74,000 votes to be counted, but most of the other 5 seaters would have had around the same. To think we have only 1 seat filled after 2 days plus counting is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Andi123

the reason the count is slow is there were 21 candidates , therefore the count was going to take a long time anyway, also a full recount had been ordered which further delayed the results.

Advertisement