Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Address conflict -banned

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Two people, backing up each other from the same IP address while attacking another posting and posting such wonderful posts as "owned" is close enough to trolling for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

feylya wrote:
    Two people, backing up each other from the same IP address while attacking another posting and posting such wonderful posts as "owned" is close enough to trolling for me.

Attacking? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Attacking? :confused:

Hey Karl, you and me have gotten into some good arguments before, I remember one about the shape of Metallicas new guitars! But I seem to remember it was all cool. To be honest, I think a diversity of opinions is pretty healthy, especially given the propensity for varying tastes.

Yeah, like you said myself and Bratach love our Fenders. But if you read bratachs post, he does know what he's talking about, particularly from the physics side of things. It wasn't an attack, but it was some pretty good general advice on intonation. I also think attack is a very strong word considering Voodoo Childs ability to hold his own! He knows a thing or two about Fenders as well. The 'owned' comment was stupid, I'll admit that, I posted it, immediately thought better of it and deleted it.

Honestly, the IP thing is annoying me the most, you guys have the right to moderate as you see fit but you wouldn't have called 'trolling' if we had different IPs.

Edit: I see Voodoo Child wasn't banned. Feylya you said Voodoo and I were both on final warnings, but banned Bratach and I when you saw that we had the same IP. That adds further weight to the fact we were banned for this silly IP thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Dogs allowed ? or it just cats?

stfu.jpg

TelePaul wrote:
    Hey Karl, you and me have gotten into some good arguments before, I remember one about the shape of Metallicas new guitars! But I seem to remember it was all cool. To be honest, I think a diversity of opinions is pretty healthy, especially given the propensity for varying tastes.

I agree with you completely, and I think a clash of opinion makes for really interesting discussions.

The instruments board has become kinda neutered as of late. :(

To be quite frank, I don't see any reason for your ban. You weren't trolling in my books, you weren't attacking anyone, you weren't being disruptive or annoying. Bratach Ban could've shown some cop on in this thread mind you, but for the original instruments ban, I can't see any reasoning behind it.

• Advertisement

I agree with you completely, and I think a clash of opinion makes for really interesting discussions.

To be quite frank, I don't see any reason for your ban. You weren't trolling in my books, you weren't attacking anyone, you weren't being disruptive or annoying. Bratach Ban could've shown some cop on in this thread mind you, but for the original instruments ban, I can't see any reasoning behind it.

Aren't you a mod of instruments???? :confused:

iainnash wrote:
    Aren't you a mod of instruments???? :confused:

Yes. What's your point?

Kark I'm inclined to agree with you. I know Bratach Ban didn't do himself any favours in this thread, but I know he was annoyed at being banned for giving some solid advice; did you read his post on noticeable difference? I thought it was spot on. Part of the reason we are of similar opinions in many cases is because I'll ask his advice on set-ups, intonation, amps, effects etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

The Hungus tells it like it is.

tallaght01 wrote:
    The Hungus tells it like it is.

Thanks tallaght01.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

jhegarty wrote:
    Dogs allowed ? or it just cats?
    I'm still wondering what happened to the owls. :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The owl died. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Exaustion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

No wai!

(I heard it was a hoax tbh)

To be entirely fair, I think this thread should be taken a little more seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

To be entirely fair, I think this thread should be taken a little more seriously.

Unfortunately a thread about being banned is never taken seriously. The OP just gets heckled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I agree. Cat picture on the first page is too much. Negates the whole idea behind them, which was to add insult to injury on some user that refused to see sense. The Op actually had some form of valid point, and that should have been respected to a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Posting with two accounts from the same IP is a no no.

Eh, no. :)

Look, I know this is something of a kangaroo court, but I really don't wanna get banned from other forums for the same reason.

Boston wrote:
    The Op actually had some form of valid point, and that should have been respected to a degree.

Might I pitifully add it's not too late? :o

• Advertisement

nesf wrote:
    Eh, no. :)

Not sure what this is referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

TelePaul wrote:
    Not sure what this is referring to.

To the idea that having two accounts working of one IP being a no no. It not that unusual with families/flatmates/partners being on boards.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

And with college computer users. I remmeber when somebody reported sarky and my IP's being the same, as if we were the smae person.
    <_<

nesf wrote:
    To the idea that having two accounts working of one IP being a no no. It not that unusual with families/flatmates/partners being on boards.

Yeah especially given how expansive the forums are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I used to post using the same IP Address as my flatmates in college, never had issue with it, don't do it any more tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Spankeh wrote:
    zungi2uyzxgxony5mjq2.jpg
    Is that Britney Spears?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

if it helps, then yes. yes it is.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We turn a blind eye to dual accounts from single ip's provided they stay on side. If one of them gets stoopid then its likely they will all get banned and ip-banned.

We dont look for these cases but any muppets get checked for dual accounts and we take action then.

Solution: dont come to our attention.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I like cat pixxx
    1157597885088zv7.jpg

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:
    We turn a blind eye to dual accounts from single ip's provided they stay on side. If one of them gets stoopid then its likely they will all get banned and ip-banned.

We dont look for these cases but any muppets get checked for dual accounts and we take action then.

Solution: dont come to our attention.

DeV.

To be entirely fair DeV, do you think that on the thread in question that either party had done anything worthy of getting 'attention'?

Advertisement