Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Address conflict -banned

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Single IP doesn't mean they're the same person. I'd show up as the same IP as some people in work and some are probably complete muppets (here's hoping they don't do anything wrong then).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

To be entirely fair DeV, do you think that on the thread in question that either party had done anything worthy of getting 'attention'?

That's the crux of it. Feylya knew Bratach Ban and I were brothers, he asked me before and was okay with it. He was just looking for an excuse to ban, as he did again with some selective quoting in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

TelePaul wrote:
    That's the crux of it. Feylya knew Bratach Ban and I were brothers, he asked me before and was okay with it. He was just looking for an excuse to ban, as he did again with some selective quoting in this thread.

Bratach Ban displayed what a complete moron he is on this thread with the following
    Actually, Feylya, I've thought this over. I have a solution: how about you chew the bark off my big, fat log.

You preside over a piece of **** forum with no traffic. Your status as a moderator revolves around your position in a glorified circle-jerk of Ibanez ans second rate metal players who derive sexual satisfaction from locking trems, poor paint-jobs, eighties perms and spandex pants.

You know shag all about anything relevant. I firmly suggest a real job, where your input may matter.

So suck the big one, you second rate cocksmoker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

It's one thing being called c0cksmoker. But a "second rate" one is taking things too far.

Boston wrote:
    Bratach Ban displayed what a complete moron he is on this thread with the following

Well as Karl Hungus explained, he and I were banned for nothing, so I can appreciate his frustration. But I opened this thread because I was banned for no reason save a conflicting IP address, I don't see what happened afterwards as relevant to my original complaint.

• Advertisement

TelePaul wrote:
    Well as Karl Hungus explained, he and I were banned for nothing, so I can appreciate his frustration. But I opened this thread because I was banned for no reason save a conflicting IP address, I don't see what happened afterwards as relevant to my original complaint.

I can't find a post where Karl Hungus says you where banned for nothing. I see afew where he suggests that the ban wasn't fair/wasn't for a good enough reason. Nowhere does he say you where banned for the fun of it. This thread proves the calibre of poster your brother is, so maybe the ban had some merit in the first place. You both probably would have been unbanned if he had of shown even the smallest amount of self control.

Boston wrote:
    I can't find a post where Karl Hungus says you where banned for nothing. I see afew where he suggests that the ban wasn't fair/wasn't for a good enough reason. Nowhere does he say you where banned for the fun of it. This thread proves the calibre of poster your brother is, so maybe the ban had some merit in the first place. You both probably would have been unbanned if he had of shown even the smallest amount of self control.

To be quite frank, I don't see any reason for your ban.

There it is; he didn't say it wasn't for a good enough reason, he said there was no reason that he could see. He didn't say I was banned for the fun of it, but neither did I. :confused:

And though you can't have read the original thread - it's been deleted - thanks for posting, you have summed up my argument pretty well: I'm being banned for another persons actions, attributable to an IP address conflict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ah the old justify the shakey ban with what they say after the fact the modders favourtie

ah the old justify the shakey ban with what they say after the fact the modders favourtie

Hahah looks that way alright.

Pretty much. What ever about the rights or wrongs of the orginal ban, it was never going to be lifted after that out burst

• Advertisement

Boston wrote:
    Pretty much. What ever about the rights or wrongs of the orginal ban, it was never going to be lifted after that out burst

Further weight to my argument.

TelePaul wrote:
    Further weight to my argument.

How so?

Boston wrote:
    How so?

A two week ban was changed to a permanent ban after a comment made by someone else; you said it yourself. Unfortunately, Feylya seems to think that I and 'someone else' are indeed one-and-the-same. Again, being taken to task over what another person said. I think I've cleared up this part of the argument, it's irrefutable at this stage.

Oh and now would be a good time for those viewing this thread to head over to instruments, there's a great thread about tax evasion whereby the poster of such didn't even receive a warning....it would seem blatant advocacy of tax evasion is okay, but helpful advice is a big no-no.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055101531

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think you're getting nowhere with this, so best let it go now...

I think you're getting nowhere with this, so best let it go now...

I think I am getting somewhere....in so far as that I've proved the rational process over the irrational....and what negative fallout could there be? I'm already banned from instruments permanently.

TelePaul wrote:
    I think I am getting somewhere..

With who? I don't think anyone's even paying attention to this thread anymore... If you're getting anywhere, it appears to be a solo trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I don't think anyone's even paying attention to this thread anymore...
    I stop by occasionally to see if anyone's posted any new cat pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Show us a picture of you and your bro, to show that you're two seprate people.

Not talking about you, but "your word" which you mentioned means f*ck all on the internet in general.
    catmirrorclearne3.jpg

the_syco wrote:
    Show us a picture of you and your bro, to show that you're two seprate people.

Make sure you hold up a sign that reads "I felch wombats for Charlie Manson" so we know it's actually you, otherwise it could be a picture of any random gits.

I think it proves that a) Mods are not always fair or impartial and b) there's veyr little to be done if you are banned unfairly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement