Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Ccp Dev/bob Dramabomb Omghaxsplotzzz!1!11

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

BoB = cheaters

end of story tbh

whats that i hear? .......... neee naaw nee naaw nee naaw

sounds like the ROot police coming to correct me

ohnoes :-x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

ive been dieing for a new scandal for weeks. ccp never disapoints.

the scandals are more regular than the updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Whatever your views are on this, one thing is for sure. CCP are going to look really ****ing bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

kyp_durron wrote:
    Whatever your views are on this, one thing is for sure. CCP are going to look really ****ing bad.

Love the sig btw Darc! :D No gneez this isnt the eve-o forums, keep the discussion civil and you wont get *snipped* . My opinion on this is that the way the goons attempted to inform everyone is due a ban for the people that did it alone. That "threadnaught" was completely uncalled for. And im going stick with my initial comment on the Eve forums, you don't like the game anymore keep the dramabombs to yourself and leave, more space for the rest of us. :D

Also two screenshots from in game with no proof that it wasn't the test server, isn't convincing me much.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I think the fact that the BoB diplomat openly said "Yeah, we're friends with CCP, we chat with them on MSN, get over it." is enough to convince me that BoB are getting unfair treatment in this game. I for one will never join in with the alliance territory aspect of this game. I'll continue to play it for the fun of playing any game, but Eve as a game in itself is now dead to me.

• Advertisement

Yeah you gotta admit, when dianabolic said 'ya we have CCP dudez on MSN' its just dramabomb x10

its kinda sad when i started eve i thought it was the most amazing sandbox where you can do anything and make something of yourself, how different i feel now, its just a shoot 'em up to me these days (or a grief 'em up)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

As usual CCP are making a bollix of it by not getting on top of it and sorting it out straight away. I cannot understand why they dont have some system where top management get called in for damage limitation... They better do better than the did with the T20 thing....

Meh, not playing at the moment anyway ...subs expired, long skill in training

Aparently the CCP guy joined Darkstar 1 to enter their POS because it was bugged. I don't see why this would be necessary if he was a dev, surely he could just go into the POS in a Polaris frig or whatever. Anyway I remmeber flying past that Darkstar 1 POS in feythabolis day after day and being creeped out that there was the same 3 guys sitting in it ALL the time and when we said "hi" they said "hi" and that was all. I wonder if it was the same POS.

Also http://usera.imagecave.com/TruckNetUK/petition.jpg

Maddzy wrote:
    Aparently the CCP guy joined Darkstar 1 to enter their POS because it was bugged. I don't see why this would be necessary if he was a dev, surely he could just go into the POS in a Polaris frig or whatever. Anyway I remmeber flying past that Darkstar 1 POS in feythabolis day after day and being creeped out that there was the same 3 guys sitting in it ALL the time and when we said "hi" they said "hi" and that was all. I wonder if it was the same POS.

Yeah I remember those lads, they would chat to you if you stayed in system ratting (which we were not meant to, naughty naughty), but yeah they were there 23/7, weird.

R0ot wrote:
    Love the sig btw Darc! :D No gneez this isnt the eve-o forums, keep the discussion civil and you wont get *snipped* . My opinion on this is that the way the goons attempted to inform everyone is due a ban for the people that did it alone. That "threadnaught" was completely uncalled for. And im going stick with my initial comment on the Eve forums, you don't like the game anymore keep the dramabombs to yourself and leave, more space for the rest of us. :D

Also two screenshots from in game with no proof that it wasn't the test server, isn't convincing me much.

Well so far nothing has been proved, except that BoB have stated that they are in direct contact with CCP.

In all honestly I couldn't really give a **** about Goons and BoB's 'issues' with each other, but all this crap is killing the game, a game I love very much and have spent a lot of time on, as we all have. I just really hope CCP don't **** us about this time and we get answers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

I can see why the goons spammed the link to stop it being deleted and covered up. I also can't see how people keep defending BoB when incident afte incident comes up. The fact they bypass the petition system because they have ccp on an msn hotline is enough. This game is seriously damaged now. CCP need to get on top of this and stop their employees from taking power positions in major alliances. How much more do people need before they stop defending BoB tbh. I'm amazed there are people still blinkered.

Maddzy wrote:

Darkstar are saying that they didnt even have a pos at the time this happened (a few months ago)

It looks like Goon leadership were saving up lots of minor things to hit CCP/Bob all at once.... We all know that Goons have other motives for releasing this information and tbh I am not worried about most of the allegations, mostly about Bob messaging a CCP dev to get an ISD guy out of their system ... even if he bumped one dread, it was an accident and not grounds to get him fired (I know it is a volunteer position)

Like I said earlier, this whole thing has been REALLY badly handled

First Announcement of the Investigation
    Dear players.

Forgive us for being brief, but there has not been much time to prepare this statement.

Our forums have now been taken down due to the load generated by player response to allegations of developer misconduct. We urge people to wait until the facts are out, rather than taking sensationalist statements at face value. Our preliminary findings indicate that what happened was simply a developer doing his job ingame. He joined the corporation in order to access their POS, which was bugged.

We humbly ask our players to trust that the internal monitoring of our employees is being taken seriously. The current allegations will be fully investigated and we will publish our findings at the first opportunity. Please understand that this may not be today or tomorrow, but this issue will not be ignored.

The forums will be brought up again as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please use this forum thread if you wish to discuss this matter.

Arkanon

CCP Internal Affairs!

Okay so the first accusation by the ISD member and goons was about sharkbait joining Darkstar 1 corp and taking rights etc.
    Let us begin with CCP Sharkbait joining the corporation "DarkStar 1" and giving himself director access. This was not preceded by a customer service request that would in any shape, way or form require a CCP employee to join the corporation. Less then one minute after joining the corporation, he added the role "Director" to himself, roughly fourteen minutes later, he leaves the corporation and surrenders the role.

* http://images.goonfleet.com/images/ccp/2007.05.25.15.19.48.jpg
    * http://images.goonfleet.com/images/ccp/CCP%20charkbait%202.png

The GM's Reply to this:
    We are proceeding with our investigations into the four allegations brought to our attention - alleged misconduct on the part of two developers in
    separate incidents, removal of a volunteer from the program and bias within the event team concerning an event arc, the last an incident which has already
    been investigated in the past. This information has also been posted to this forum thread.

While we are not able to address all four incidents in this announcement, I would like to take the opportunity to report the results of one investigation, CCP Sharkbait joining a player corporation.

In the past, CCP Sharkbait has joined player corporations when CCP has been petitioned with issues and specific case bug reports. In these rare instances, he has joined the corporation, verified information not available through the server interface and removed himself from the corporation. His departure from the corporation leaves an eve-mail in the CEO's inbox, thus showing his presence in the corporation for a short time.

This instance was brought about as the result of a player-submitted petition. Sharkbait joined the corporation to investigate and resolve an issue reported by a member of the corporation in question. While the method may be viewed as unorthodox, the information gained is vital to the continued QA effort and enjoyment of EVE by the corporation in question. Our investigation shows Sharkbait was not involved in any malicious or nefarious actions requiring administrative action.

We will continue to post updates on the status of the other investigation when information is available. We will also announce our findings when they have been completed.

CCP Arkanon

UPDATE: For further clarification, the petition (Petition #631627) which prompted CCP Sharkbait to join the corporation was created on the 6th of May. Note that our policies prohibit us from releasing details of the petition, as well as who filed it. After GMs were unable to fix the issue, an email was sent out asking for developer help. CCP Sharkbait reported the matter as resolved the same day, on the 9th of May.

CCP Arkanon!

So goons can STFU! :D

Second issue was about the ARC 'rigging',
    Several members of the alliance Aegis Militia were ISD members (completely in regulations and living that double-life as it was intended to be played, by the rules), however, Mirial, who was once an ISD member, managed to get the login/PW info to an ISD forum from a director of her corp who happened to be in ISD. (How this happened is still a mystery even to me, I am still inquiring)...

Basically, Mirial was accessing an AURORA website illegally, and was banned for it (Something I cannot in any theory disagree with, NDA was broken, and similarly, I can't argue with YOUR banning from EVE, sir...try to understand....), but it was the nature of the thing that caused so much distress....

You see, ISD claims that events are not rigged, that RP groups can influence the events in the world. This is a lie, and one that, after discovering, I did not reveal, in the fears that it would demolish the already on-the-ropes RP community in EVE.

AM already had suspicions, as by the end of the Tetrimon affair, we had been involved in more events that ANY other group in EVE without exception. In the course of this we often 'succeeded' in events that we later realized were not meant to be won, then watched as AURORA actors deperately lost the scenario (when actors have to resort to self-destructing thier own ships in the middle of battle, you know you have an ulterior motive underway in the story...*groan*...)

Mirial was in browsing (illegally) one of these ISD forums when one of the 'recommended' story paths was mandated by CCP, namely "_____ side must win, see to this immediately."

Upon reading this decree by CCP, Mirial showed his cards and revealed all on our alliance's Vent server.

2 hours after bringing this up in our Ventrillo channel, Mirial was banned from EVE...for telling his Alliance members what was up. Turns out I was only one of many members of ISD in my Alliance, and the others had hit the alarm to the ISD dept heads as soon as this talk beagn in our private Vent server....

The GM's reply to this:
    Following up with the results of our investigations as they come available, we would like to present the following in regards to the allegations of
    rigged events. This announcement is also being mirrored in this forum thread.

This was investigated previously, the results of which were posted in here. Nothing new has been presented that merits re-opening the investigation into the
    events following the actions taken against the player/volunteer who violated a Non-Disclosure Agreement in regards to the Cult of Tetrimon event arc.

Concerning the allegation of event rigging in particular, the document referenced in the 'Open Letter' is not a finalized script of events, but a proposal and living document based on player interaction with the event arc. The paragraph he refers to states:

“As said earlier, we can have the ending open if allowed by you or we can stack the cards in favor of Theology Council so that we after the arc go back to a T2 status quo for the Empire, but without any Tetrimon Cult (who will be forever branded traitors of the Empire and utterly wiped out).”

In short, it simply gives CCP the option of deciding which direction to move EVE’s Prime Fiction at the end of the arc or to allow unfolding events to determine what is to follow. The claims of CCP rigging events to benefit a player, corporation or alliance are groundless. !

So goons can go and STFU! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Umm what about the ISD member sacking tbh. And BoB having CCP on a private hotline?

R0ot wrote:
    So goons can go and STFU!

Gotta face something called Reality here mate. Its not just Goons who are talking this time. Its everyone. The majority of the player base are pissed. Noone really cares that Sharkbait joined that corp, or that some ghey Roleplayer arc got rigged, the roleplaying side of MMOs is always rigged by the people writing the arcs, thats what Role Playing means.

What people care about is that BoB are friends with CCP something which the player base has always said, but which the Cult of BoB have always denied and lol'd while making :D faces. But now BoB have admitted to having CCP employees on their buddy list, and KNOWING they were CCP employees, and CONTACTING them during a POS siege. When else have they been contacted?

Also people are pissed about the ISD guy being kicked from his position for simply voicing his concerns, concerns that EVERY Eve player should have.

Also lol drama.

Unfortunately the coalition does not make up the majority of Eve, and since only 20% or so of eve actually post on the forums your not getting a true indication of the "Whole Eve Community".

Tbh I nothing wrong with talking to the Dev's, your not forcing them to help you, you are just informing them of things, such as an ISD guy disrupting your pos siege. I do think it was a tad bit unfair to sack the ISD over that alone, but unfortunately its in the ISD volunteer programs T&C's you can be removed at any time for any reason. Sucks but your only a volunteer and you signed the T&C's and Non-Disclosure forums.

I guarantee if it was BoB releasing something like this against Goons or RA that the "entire community" as you put it would be up in arms saying BoB are liars and should be banned for their forum spam. Every single goon member that was involved in that crap on the forums should be banned from at least the forums, as people have been banned for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

BoB scum...

was in my bath tub after I used tea-tree oil hair conditioner.

Yorp.

Um, What's an ISD?

Haven't played Eve in ages... this sort of waffle doesn't make me miss it tbh.

Devs are human.. I can just imagine them all sitting in their cubicles, drinkin' their coke and laughing at the whole thing. They're mates in real life, they can buy each other pints etc! You can't beat that!

R0ot wrote:
    Unfortunately the coalition does not make up the majority of Eve, and since only 20% or so of eve actually post on the forums your not getting a true indication of the "Whole Eve Community

Where did you get that figure from? While having a friendly chat with Sharkbait over MSN? :D

A lot of people are pissed about this, I have seen several posts from 'pro bob' allances voicing their displeasure at what has gone on.
    R0ot wrote:
    Tbh I nothing wrong with talking to the Dev's, your not forcing them to help you, you are just informing them of things, such as an ISD guy disrupting your pos siege. I do think it was a tad bit unfair to sack the ISD over that alone, but unfortunately its in the ISD volunteer programs T&C's you can be removed at any time for any reason. Sucks but your only a volunteer and you signed the T&C's and Non-Disclosure forums.

Well tbh I do think there is something wrong with it, it's just you are so bias so can't see the forest from the trees r0ot. The ISD lad said he didn't bump that dread, who knows what really happend though. I certainly wouldn't say he 'disrupted their pos siege' by a simple bump though.

This is like a soccer team been been really good mates with the ref, and going for a few pints with him after the game. It's just not on, and I really don't see how you can defend it.

We all pay CCP money to play a rigged game it seems. Believe me if this was any other alliance I would feel the same way.
    R0ot wrote:
    I guarantee if it was BoB releasing something like this against Goons or RA that the "entire community" as you put it would be up in arms saying BoB are liars and should be banned for their forum spam. Every single goon member that was involved in that crap on the forums should be banned from at least the forums, as people have been banned for less.

Bull****, you know if that happened you and the other forum warriors would be out in as much force as the goons are now.

Also people (not goons) were banned just for asking what the hell was going on, something I think they were totally entitled to do.

This **** stinks. Good luck to CCP trying to get people to buy there new Vampire online MMO cause their name is mud right now.

kyp_durron wrote:
    This **** stinks. Good luck to CCP trying to get people to buy there new Vampire online MMO cause their name is mud right now.

Well, all the clued in people who do research before just joining the latest and greatest will keep well clear .... But yes, Eve itself is on the ropes now ... I can see subs taking a nosedive over this, people will leave and new subs will only be by people who havent researched and will leave sooner rather than later anyway

Lots of changes coming up though, who knows what will happen :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Teh sky is falling runzor! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

bizmark wrote:
    Teh sky is falling runzor! :rolleyes:

**** that I love the drama :)

It's the only good thing about this tbh \o/

In regards to your answer about dreads being bumped. :D
    Heikki wrote:
    Quutar wrote:
    Can a dread, while in siege mode, be bumped?
    Can bumped pretty much the same way a non-sieged dread could be. A basic nanophoon should be able to push it a few kms with each bump. As bonus the bump will mess up with their tracking.

Might be fun experience for the nanoships, if they try that against fleet of capitals attacking a POS.

-Lasse

You bump a dread and you pretty much make it useless for its siege cycle, and if that dread goes on to bump others near it you can see the chaos this could cause if the hostile fleet in system decided to attack. :D

R0ot wrote:
    You bump a dread and you pretty much make it useless for its siege cycle, and if that dread goes on to bump others near it you can see the chaos this could cause if the hostile fleet in system decided to attack. :D
    Stupid lack of proper physics .... teeny tiny ships or missles should not cause a massive ship to act like a baddie being kicked in the head by James Bond

R0ot wrote:
    Unfortunately the coalition does not make up the majority of Eve, and since only 20% or so of eve actually post on the forums your not getting a true indication of the "Whole Eve Community"

this isnt about coalition vs bob + pets u fool this is about BOB CHEATING AND HAVING MSN CHATS WITH DEVS AND GETTING ISD GUYS FIRED

i eagerly await the smiley :D face :D spam :D and illogical counterargument involving goons

Am i missing something here ?

All i see is that ccp rigs role playing to suit their idea of how the game's stories should pan out and that they over reacted when some bob friend messaged them complaining that a ccp rep/employee bumped their dreadnought which apparently can **** up dreads for a cycle or more which could be a big problem if they get attacked...

if im honest the only bad thing i see here is that ccp clearly over reacted in their treatment of the isd fella where as bob players just used the red phone instead of going trew the petition route as i would if i had a ccp contact but ultimately this issue effected one person that ccp employed in a support role the fact some bob people have msn contact with ccp isn't a big deal to me im sure others from alliances/corps/teh real world! have contact with them as well they are still human that play the game and make friends you cant simply outlaw basic human nature its not possible.

So big woho?

R0ot wrote:
    the "Whole Eve Community".

R0ot wrote:
    the "entire community" as you put it

Firstly the words I said were "The majority of the player base". If you're going to try and counter-argue with me by quoting me, at least put what I said into the quotation marks. I'd be surprised if you actually read my post to the end before you started off with your own.

Its not just the "coalition" or the forum whores who are pissed btw. I'm sure even BoB members are annoyed about this. Can you actually say this game is fair, if members of one alliance have the ability to contact the developers at any time and ask them for help, ask them for information about the game that noone else knows? Can you actually come up with a coherent defense for this?

Tbh at the end of the day I don't really care, as this doesn't affect me at all. But if I was in an alliance that owned territory or that was fighting BoB for territory or had territory taken over by BoB I would be fuming. It simply isn't a fair game like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

If this is really causing so much fuss, why don't CCP just stop it. Blow up BoB. Bingo.

If this is really causing so much fuss, why don't CCP just stop it. Blow up BoB. Bingo.

:rolleyes: right

bizmark wrote:
    if im honest the only bad thing i see here is that ccp clearly over reacted in their treatment of the isd fella where as bob players just used the red phone instead of going trew the petition route as i would if i had a ccp contact but ultimately this issue effected one person that ccp employed in a support role the fact some bob people have msn contact with ccp isn't a big deal to me im sure others from alliances/corps/teh real world! have contact with them as well they are still human that play the game and make friends you cant simply outlaw basic human nature its not possible.

So big woho?

Yes, admins/GMs/whatever need friends too and after playing for four years it’s natural that they have friends. Yes fair point. But as an admin you're bound by certain rules, it is NOT normal to fix problems outside official (and moderated) channels. There is some obvious favoritism been shown by GM's torwards BoB by allowing them to be contacted outside official channels. If you can't see in the injustice in that well...

As for CCP, do you think they have handled this whole debacle well? Shutting down the forums, hiding in the sand and wishing the problem to go away and banning people for just asking what the hell was going on, people who pay a monthly sub to CCP, the people who pay their wages effectly.

Also after the whole t20 fiasco it makes you wonder what else has been going on behind the scenes.

EDIT: I cant spell very well cause I'm a dumb dyslexic bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I really don't know what to make of this thread.. I joined Eve recently and have just been messing around doing missions for agents and haven't gotten remotely involved in the 'politics' yet but I've been reading bits and pieces.

I don't understand the problem though... The guy who introduced me to Eve has applied for a position at CCP (I know him through a university course in games technology), so if he were to get the job does that mean I have to either delete him from my contact list or else I must be a cheater?

Serious over reaction there... Devs are people too, and it's inevitable that they'll have friends who play the game, and they clearly aren't going to cut off contact with people they know because of some other players who see it as unacceptable somehow.

I'm confused as to why this is seen as unique to Eve too. Of the 6 million people playing WoW at the moment, I'm sure some of them have friends who work for Blizzard, and I'm sure some of those people are also in top guilds. It seems to me the only difference there is that there's no one single all-conquering guild for everyone else to look for any reason they can to have a go at them (this seems to be what BoB are from my limited knowledge of Eve)

Maybe I've completely misunderstood but from what I've read it seems like a serious mountain out of a mole hill.

Advertisement