Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why do you drive your particular car?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

316i ?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

jhegarty wrote:
    Its the "The Ultimate Driving Machine", nothing more needs to be said
    What a cool slogan, you should consider approaching their marketing department with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Or you could add "As reliable as a Volkswagen" nah.... that wouldn't work either, just like the real thing really.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I do about 20k a year and wanted a big diesel automatic saloon to fit the bill - hence my 02 Passat :)

She's cost me a few hundred since I bought her, but still worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I had the loan of one for a few weeks, and then found a well specced, not too expensive one for myself. Have been doing it up since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I always wanted the Car i have now, budget never came into it for me. I needed a car in the end and thought why not. I have the car now over 6mths and thought what was all the fuss about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I wanted a car that was fairly powerful, but not too savage on petrol, looked well and I enjoyed driving, hence an old E36.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ah Christ I'd love a Lexus or a BMW or an Audi but the Fiat Stilo was all I could afford! :(

I bought a house at the end of last year, I'm getting married in a few weeks so something had to give financially and it ended up being the car. :(

That said, I really like the car. I'll be honest and say that it is a really comfortable, well-specced car to drive for the money. It also has fantastic headroom for taller folk! I'd recommend it to anyone tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

You don't seem to have a "Because it is the best car ever made.." option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

Because it is one of the best handling cars ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You don't seem to have a "Because it is the best car ever made.." option

To have Colm bore us sensless with Toyotas?
    :D:D:D

There is no such thing as "the best car ever made" ...needs and expectations differ far too much to get a consensus there.

peasant wrote:
    To have Colm bore us sensless with Toyotas?
    :D:D:D

There is no such thing as "the best car ever made" ...needs and expectations differ far too much to get a consensus there.
    Toyota are no longer the best built cars in the world since they started building them in Britain and France, they seem to have caught the self destruct bug from Rover, Citroen and Renault. I'd sooner buy a Jap. import Toyota tbh., superior build quality in every way.( and loads more extras too.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

junkyard wrote:
    Toyota are no longer the best built cars in the world since they started building them in Britain and France, they seem to have caught the self destruct bug from Rover, Citroen and Renault. I'd sooner buy a Jap. import Toyota tbh., superior build quality in every way.( and loads more extras too.)
    Eh, it was meant in jest, junkyard. I'd rather drive a car that was designed to be the best car in the world than a car that was designed to appeal to footballer's wives.

How's that X5 going for ya? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I drive a Hyundai Trajet because it's what I need (large 7 seater) and it was the cheapest at the time.

And I don't give a sh!te about image.

How's that X5 going for ya? :D
    It's my dogs now and she loves it, especially the air-con she lets me drive it now and again. I've moved to an Audi Q7, got f*cked around with my order for the new X5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

And tell us Junkyard, how did a good man like yourself come to afford such machinery like that, along with the other 13 or so cars you have? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

junkyard wrote:
    I've moved to an Audi Q7, got f*cked around with my order for the new X5.

good lord. you seem to have achieved a minus class.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    wanted a big diesel automatic saloon to fit the bill - hence my 02 Passat :
    If you wanted a big saloon, why go for the Passat? - they're not that big. Phaeton FTW! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

If you wanted a big saloon, why go for the Passat? - they're not that big. Phaeton FTW! :D
    One step at a time :D Unless ya have one you want rid of? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I've never bought a car I didnt want.

I currently drive a company car which I havent chosen, a few months until I get a choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭saddle tramp

my personal preference is big old classic American cars... I just love them to bits.

My weapon of choice is the trans am............ if money were no object it would be a 1969 Dodge Charger..
    my everyday drive was picked just because I needed a set of wheels have no real interest in any type of modern car.

good lord. you seem to have achieved a minus class.
    I have to mix with the rif-raf from time to time.:)

Max_Damage wrote:
    And tell us Junkyard, how did a good man like yourself come to afford such machinery like that, along with the other 13 or so cars you have? :D
    Royalties from my inventions Max of which I give thanks for my inspiration.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I drive a 98 VW golf. I bought it because, IMO, VW are a very good manufacture of cars and I would have had some experience of how to fix them from previous models of VW's (Jetta's, Vento's and Passat's).

I got the golf because I would have no need for a larger saloon car.

Kojak wrote:
    I drive a 98 VW golf. I bought it because, IMO, VW are a very good manufacture of cars and I would have had some experience of how to fix them from previous models of VW's (Jetta's, Vento's and Passat's).

I got the golf because I would have no need for a larger saloon car.
    Modern VW's have very little in common with VW's of old, I would have to say from my experience, they were a very good manufacturer of cars.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I always liked the car I have now. I sat in a then-new model in the Manchester motor show about 16-17 years ago and thought "I'll never be able to afford one of these". How wrong I was as I currently have two of them! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

1990 316i because i loved the body shape, id never driven over 1.2
    so 1.6 looked good to me and 316 on the reg plate clinched it.

i love my car:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Drive a 01 VW Polo. Driving it mainly because its the first car I ever bought and its built like a tank. Nice bit of speed in it when needed as well. Plus I like how easy the interior is to customise....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Cos it's what the company make me drive :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I always liked the 5 Series BMW, and one came up at the right price so I bought it. And it's black, and cool.

Advertisement