Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoin Harris on Matt Cooper just now

Options
  • 26-05-2007 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Absolutely hilarious. Useless debator. He just walked out of the studio after having a big argument with Fintan O'Toole - Irish journalism tearing itself apart today :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I did'nt know Today FM were doing any election coverage. Damn!

Why was he ranting?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

He ranted, raved, called names, shouted down, interrupted, throw his toys out of the pram & stormed out

Hilarious stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Who did he call names?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

mostly aimed at the media especially at the Times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

He was basically arguing that most of the media besides himself and the Sindo had an agenda against Bertie and that they all tried to mislead the electorate. It was all ridiculous stuff really. At one stage Harris started lecturing Fintan O Toole about supporting Vincent Browne in a debate earlier this morning only for O'Toole to retort that Harris hadn`t even seen the debate and had no idea what he was talking about. Harris said he was told what happened to which O'Toole responded "And you call yourself a journalist?". Harris was shouting and ranting the same nonsense and wouldn't let O'Toole speak and as the host Matt Cooper was getting increasingly angry in his tone telling Harris to let O'Toole speak he gruffly said he had had enough of Fintan O'Toole and he was leaving.

Harris just came across as a complete amateur... Amusing radio though!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭AidoCQS

The mope is on Radio1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Harris is on radio one now, still bashing the media about their reporting. I have to say I agree with him.

Reilly should take care of Eoghan if Spliffo takes care of him...

It would be tragic if such a capable propagandaist got overlooked in this.

If they dont, there is plenty of room for Harris in the US media... Fox News... the Harris factor.... Crossfire with Owin :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

AidoCQS wrote:
    Fox News... the Harris factor.... :D:D:D

LOL :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭pjbrady1

Sorry I missed that Harris rant. Tony O'Reillys Herald ran the following story in the days leading up to the election.
    "Bertie - I have no girlfriend"
    Taoiseach Bertie Ahern today reveals to the evening Herald how he has no girlfriend at the moment. In a rare insight into the life of the Taoiseach he says "I have no time to be honest ...." Article delved on into the cuddliness after that.

Another thing I wondered about was how RTE didn't rerun at nine oclock Bertie falling to pieces on Health figures on the six one news. Figures that he himself had used against Enda Kenny in the leaders debate.

As for the Sindo Jody Corcoran turning Bertie Aherns financial problems into an article condemning Enda Kenny was biased journalism.
    Willie O'Dea has his own column.
    Sindo consistently brought it down to Kenny isn't Taoiseach material.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

pjbrady1 wrote:
    Sorry I missed that Harris rant. Tony O'Reillys Herald ran the following story in the days leading up to the election.
    "Bertie - I have no girlfriend"
    Taoiseach Bertie Ahern today reveals to the evening Herald how he has no girlfriend at the moment. In a rare insight into the life of the Taoiseach he says "I have no time to be honest ...." Article delved on into the cuddliness after that.

There was also a big piece in the Herald the other day on Bertie getting his photo taking with the Dublin GAA team. Man of the people, wha'? :rolleyes:

Quality journalism which no doubt won a good number of votes with idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Hmm..i think you'll find that people with mental condtions who forget to take their medication can often become irrational, aggresive etc.

Now I'm not saying that harris is a screaming mentalist or anything but his behaviour does appear to be erratic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh what a piece of radio. Fintan O'Toole just remained so dignified.
    Here it is: http://www.todayfm.com/goout.asp?u=http://audio.todayfm.com/files/HARRIS-1.wma

This is exactly what happened in the US

Reporters stopped reporting or informing and became advocates, and then only the most looney or the ones who shouted the loudest made the news, and that ended all reasoned discussion untill debate of the issues became about two lunatics ranting at each other on TV. :mad:

Do we have to ape the Americans at everything, if we do I am going back, I used to be paid far more over there... :)

Dudess wrote:
    Oh what a piece of radio. Fintan O'Toole just remained so dignified.
    Here it is: http://www.todayfm.com/goout.asp?u=http://audio.todayfm.com/files/HARRIS-1.wma

Thanks for posting that

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Dudess thanks for that very enjoyable. Eoghan Harris comes across as a very unbalanced man in that interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

gandalf wrote:
    Eoghan Harris comes across as a very unbalanced man in that interview.
    Understatement of the year :D.

This is the same guy that claimed voters should vote for Ahern because..........eh.......the media had been mean to him - http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/228-2250757.smil .
    They were plenty of reasons why people would vote for Ahern but I doubt the media's treatment of him was high on their list of priorities :rolleyes:.

O'Toole was right when he said at the end that the men in white coats are needed. Harris has no credibility left and just comes across as a ranter. FF need him on board like they need a dose of the Ebola Virus.

P.S. Thanks Dudess for the link :).

Strangly it shows more than anything the devolution of Pat Kenny....

It only took Matt Cooper and Finton O'Toole 5 minutes to expose him, Pat the plank and Eamon Dunphy let him rant on all night.

Cooper should be doing the Late Late

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

Funny -just shows me that we hear what we want.
    I thought harris was dead right in his commentary
    Fintan o moany has been waiting for this to be thrown at him ,
    he has to hold the record as the most boringly biased journalist in that most boringly biased journal of the Irish times.
    he represents that snivelling breed of supposedly liberal journalism that feels its job is to educate us lumpen proletariat as to the inadequacy of our ability to decide who to vote for .
    Well people like him had his response in spades in yesterdays election -thank god.
    But then in O tooles mind its because we are stupid that we voted like that .
    Couldnt be that he was wrong- !!!!

Good man Harris -

bemmet wrote:
    Funny -just shows me that we hear what we want.
    You've proved your own point :D .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Good man Harris?

Whatever points he had to make about the media - and by media he meant the Irish Times and the Mail - he made himself look like a spoilt kid when he stormed out.

Cooper gave him plenty of time to articulate his view, Harris went bananas went O'Toole tried for a rebuttal. Surely, if his arguement is so correct and persuasive he wouldn't be threatened by what O'Toole had to say?

Give a Harris enough rope and he will hang himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

AidoCQS wrote:
    Spliffo

Spliffo Biffo - nice one ....

Well copped Deep Blue .
    That was exactly my point .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Respect to Finton O'Toole

Well copped Deep Blue .

bemmet wrote:
    Well copped Deep Blue .
    But, alas, you didn't get my point .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

eoghan harris,s hypocrosy in calling the media biased against the taoseach is quite astonishing , it has been a love in between the sunday independant and bertie aherne in the past month or so

surely overwhelming support for one leader is just as big a crime as overwhelming hostility towards the same leader by another media outlet

besides the irish times were no more hostile to bertie than the sindo was to enda kenny

I have been an indo reader all along, feeling more and more uncomfortable with its tabloid direction and FF party line, think I will switch for a while to the times

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

AidoCQS wrote:
    I have been an indo reader all along, feeling more and more uncomfortable with its tabloid direction and FF party line, think I will switch for a while to the times

Made that switch myself years ago myself. The few occasions I have looked at it in Doctors waiting rooms etc I am shocked and surprised at how low it has gone. All it needs now is a red banner and it will have transformed totally to the Rag top that its content suggests it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

AidoCQS wrote:
    What, and miss O'Connor's witterings on a Sunday?:D

Advertisement