Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car ramps - opinions

Options
  • 26-05-2007 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here use them for DIY? I was thinking of buying a pair, so any real-life experiences using them are welcome (prices too!).

Mike.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I have a set of ramps kind of like these (http://www.discountramps.com/automotive_car_ramps.jpg).
    If you want them you can have them! If the builder comes soon as promised I'll have no room in the shed for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They'd be ideal. Dublins a long way for a pair of ramps though!

Mike.

well if you want them...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi,

Ramps are dead handy to have.... i would be fairly confident of them too... when i put the car up on them in normally give it a good aul shake, to be sure...

I think the pair i have were about €60, and well worth it. Although kbannon's offer is quite generous! Nice to see boardies helping each others out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I bought a set of ramps in Halfords a while back, and while they do the job fine, I do have 2 problems with them. One is that they have no grip whatsoever on the base of them, so when you're trying to drive the car onto the ramp, they can slip under the wheels (only when the car is going onto the ramps, not when it's up on it). The other is that they have a steep incline, so any car with a low bumper is likely to get scratches.

• Advertisement

Max_Damage wrote:
    The other is that they have a steep incline, so any car with a low bumper is likely to get scratches.
    Thats why they are no use to me. The low kit means I can't get the wheels near them!

Advertisement