Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga triple bill

• 26-05-2007 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Today:

Sat 26 Valencia v Villarreal (7pm) SS2, 5pm La Liga
    Sat 26 Real Madrid v Deportivo (7pm) SS2, 7pm La Liga
    Sat 26 Barcelonav Getafe (9pm) SS2, 9pm La Liga

Morrow:

Sun 27 League One Play-Off Final (3pm) SS2, 2.30pm, League One
    Sun 27 Gimnastic v Atletico Madrid (6pm) SS2, 6pm, La Liga

1 Real Madrid 35 21 6 8 +22 69
    2 FC Barcelona 35 20 9 6 +40 69
    3 Sevilla FC 35 20 7 8 +28 67
    4 Valencia CF 35 20 5 10 +18 65
    5 Real Zaragoza 35 16 10 9 +14 58
    6 Atlético Madrid 35 15 9 11 +5 54
    7 Villarreal CF 35 15 8 12 0 53
    8 Getafe CF 35 14 10 11 +9 52

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

three good games there i reckon. there goes my evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Peno for Valencia, Villa taken down by the keeper. Didnt realise he was so pacy.
    Villa scores it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

SS2? Balls, I thought they were on SS1. :(

1-1 now 15 minutes gone in the second half. Forlan scored a lovely goal to equalise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Good game, think Valencias slim hopes of being champions are gone in about 13 minutes.

still 1-1.

kdjac

• Advertisement

2-1 Villareal
    Tomasson simple finish.

kdjac

LOL. Dahl Tomasson scores seconds after he is brought on and after Angulo misses a sitter!

3-1 Villa

Forlan on the break.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Valencia 2-3 Villarreal. A bad home defeat for valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

1-0 Real - Ramos.

• Advertisement

Looked like it struck Van Nistelrooys arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Beckham hits the post. He's having a good game.

Real doing their best to lose a lead, not sure how many saves Casilias made there 4 or 5 :confused:

Ohh there it is and it was coming 1-1

kdjac

Man, Madrid dont half make it hard for themselves! Exciting though! :D

2-1 another beckham assist.

Good game :)

kdjac

lol, 2-1. Beckham cross, Raul header.

KdjaCL wrote:

Good game :)

When hasnt there been a good game in Spain lately! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Real really are enjoyable to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

3-1 Ruuuuuuud

That game just flew by. Hope the barca game is good as well.

• Advertisement

Ronaldinho off, not only does this mean he loses the match maybe, but they are gona be in serious trouble without him for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ha ha. See ya dinho

He lost his head a little. I thought he was going to cry for a minute. They should still win it though. I'd say the second half is going to be rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Barca unlucky to have won only 1 - 0. getafe really failed to do anything with the man advantage, and Barca had the best opportunities of the second half.

2 games to go. will anyone slip up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Entertaining stuff. All that early season tinkering from Capello has finally produced an effective but attractive side - the magic formula required in Madrid, results + entertainment. I was a bit surprised to see Depor make such a good game of it given their wretched form and inability to score goals (no side has scored fewer). But despite winning 9 out of their last 10 (should be 10 out of 10 but for the robbery at Santander) since Barca snatched a last gasp draw against them at the Nou Camp, I should know by now that Madrid never get an easy game. At least they make it seem that way. One goal is certainly not enough for them.

That said, even when Depor equalised I had no doubt Capello's troupes would pull another 3 points out of the bag. Beckham was again fantastic and it was good to hear the Bernabéu chanting his name at the final whistle. A quick mention of Sergio Ramos though; I can't think of any defender that wreaks so much havoc in the opposition penalty area. I've never seen a defender, week in week out, so in the thick of the action, so driven and determined, particularly to get forward. I'd love to know how much distance he covered last night. What an unbelievable athlete (as his celebrations will attest)!

A shame to see Valencia bow out of the title race in a game they should have won but were clinically punished (by two Premiership flops) for not finishing Villarreal off. Madrid would have preferred a Valencia win as this result leaves their next opponents, Zaragoza, still in with an outside chance of making the Champions League.

Barcelona played very well from what I saw, but it took some magnificent defending Olequear to save them from a 1-1 towards the end.

The pressure all on Sevilla tonight. Their rivals, Madrid, will be cheering for them though. Should be fun...

:)

Ramos really was very very impressive, well worth the money that they paid for him.

Sevilla stay in there with a decent 3-1 win over Zaragoza, madly it was another cracking game with Sevilla having too much class for Zara.

Atletico won earlier so keep up their hopes of UEFA cup football.

No games for 2 weeks.

kdjac

Advertisement