Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs in Maynooth

Options
  • 26-05-2007 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any clubs in Maynooth?

There are plenty in the college including a rowing club which I'm interested in joining but I don't know if you have to be in the college to join the college rowing club.

There seems to be feck all clubs around to join if you can't join the college clubs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hi brim,

Try this forum. You may get a better response.

There is the Moyglare GAA club but you would have to transfer from your local home club to play for them. There is also a fly fishing club and I'm sure there is a golf club.

There is a scout unit, there used to be a Civil Defence unit (may be defunct) and at one time there was a Tae-kwon-do club.

What are you looking for? There was a college creative writing group at one stage but I know that at that time they were happy to take members from the general public for an increased subscription.

Let me know what you are looking for...Sports, societies etc and I'll see what I can find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Not sure exactly what I'm looking for TBH. Just wondering whats around. I went to college in Maynooth but now that I'm out of college, I don't think I can join most of the clubs in there.

I'd be looking for sports anyway but probably not GAA because I was never that great at it and haven't played for a while. Did rowing for 4 years in secondary school back home so that's why I was considering it. I found contact info for the rowing club so I might fire off an email to them to see do they accept people from outside the college.

I like active sports and am not a big golf fan either (I can hit a golf ball all of about 50 feet or at least when I was 12 I could. House mates are all mad into it though).

I have a game of a soccer with some friends planned in 3 weeks but was wondering what was in the area. There doesn't seem to be a website with them all listed or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Maynooth Town FC have grounds on the Rathcoffey Road.

Advertisement