Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People's Alliance

Options
  • 26-05-2007 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

If you look at this election on the whole, in terms of actual seats elected, it was a draw !

FF:1 Everybody else:1,

thing is FF will elect because they can cherry pick one group from across the line, use them as a Mud flap or heat shield for few years and proceed onto the next election.

In many ways its like the republican party vs. the democratic one in the US, and believe me the democratic party is no less divided than the 'Everybody else is here', point being is they get into power a lot more than 2/25 years.

So next time create a proper alliance (I know Labour is second guessing their part in the Mullingar accord - I think this is wrong), this time everybody in, express their differences, but don’t attack anybody from the alliance, and then attack FF on message. Brand it 'the peoples alliance', brand it anything so they stop calling it a Rainbow. Put forward the diversity that we put people (not corporations first) and though there are differences, that’s democracy and every decision will reflect the mandate the people give them. Show that they can agree in the run up to the next election, so people don’t fear electing them. Is this possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

NO its not possible - in the real world.

Its hard to imagine everyone from the FG right to Shinners and crank indies singing from the same hyme sheet. It sounds like a political camel.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

AidoCQS wrote:
    If you look at this election on the whole, in terms of actual seats elected, it was a draw !

FF:1 Everybody else:1,

thing is FF will elect because they can cherry pick one group from across the line, use them as a Mud flap or heat shield for few years and proceed onto the next election.

In many ways its like the republican party vs. the democratic one in the US, and believe me the democratic party is no less divided than the 'Everybody else is here', point being is they get into power a lot more than 2/25 years.

So next time create a proper alliance (I know Labour is second guessing their part in the Mullingar accord - I think this is wrong), this time everybody in, express their differences, but don’t attack anybody from the alliance, and then attack FF on message. Brand it 'the peoples alliance', brand it anything so they stop calling it a Rainbow. Put forward the diversity that we put people (not corporations first) and though there are differences, that’s democracy and every decision will reflect the mandate the people give them. Show that they can agree in the run up to the next election, so people don’t fear electing them. Is this possible?

The others are not just one group though are they? There is no logic to that argument. FF won the election hands down. Fine Gael didn't even recover the ground they lost in the 02 election .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It was close but it wasn't a draw.

Advertisement