Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 acting up again... Please help!

Options
  • 26-05-2007 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so the problem is, it was working perfectly fine untill recently, but now, when I join a map, it freezes up the second I enter the game. I've tried a reinstall, but this hasn't worked at all.

Anyone have any idea what's gone wrong? I haven't changed any settings or anything.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Did you just reinstall or did you do a manual reinstall which involves deleting the BF2 folder from 'my docs' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ponster wrote:
    Did you just reinstall or did you do a manual reinstall which involves deleting the BF2 folder from 'my docs' ?

Just a regular reinstall, I didn't delete any folders manually.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Then try it now. Just delete the

\\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

folder first.

If it has no effect then delete the entire \\My Documents\Battlefield 2\ folder.

All you'll lose is your list of favourite servers and any special keyboard config you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Thanks Ponster. I deleted the entire folder, and it's back in working condition now. ;)

Advertisement