Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jet set radio future

• 26-05-2007 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Well I picked this up in My local gamestop for 15 euro and I sse it is on the backwards compatiablity list download the update for my 360 but it still doesn't work any Idea what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I think there was problems for the PAL version of Jet Set.

Not 100% though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Ah ****e timans was the xbox version just a reashed version of the dreamcast one or completly new game the dreamcast one was savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The US version works. The UK/PAL one doesn't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah ****e timans was the xbox version just a reashed version of the dreamcast one or completly new game the dreamcast one was savage.

Brand new game, much better than the DC game imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I know, PAL always suffers.

I never played either so I don't know. Was supposed to be a fantastic game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Brand new game, much better than the DC game imo.
    I actually prefered the DC version... or perhaps it's just nostalgia that makes me think I did. Either way... "much better"?

I'd love if they resurrected this IP. IMHO it was cell-shading done right. Nice soundtrack too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well they are fantastic games. I just felt that Future improved on the original in almost every way which is why I'd rate it a lot more than the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I really disliked the fact that spraying graffiti no longer requires deft analogue stick combos. IIRC the sequel seemed easier as a whole too.

to get back to the original question Is there nothing I can do but wait till they sort it out which seems unlikely and i also i saw panzer dragoon orta for sale is that rare retro?

to get back to the original question Is there nothing I can do but wait till they sort it out which seems unlikely and i also i saw panzer dragoon orta for sale is that rare retro?

From what I heard PAL Orta works on the 360. Orta is rare but isn't all that sought after. However I'm predicting it's price will rise considerably since it's a utterly fantastic game with a very low print run.

Beware, if you get into the story of orta you will probably end up buying a sega saturn just to play the prequel panzer dragoon saga, which isn't all that bad since it became my favourite game ever and gives a whole new meaning to Orta.

In case you need anymore convincing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LGWXD12x8s

i'd say MS will sort out the compatibility of JSRF in the next update. Shouldn't be too much work since they got the NTSC version working, probably only a silly timing issue with the PAL version.

• Advertisement

right thanks cheers retro:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You should be able to find PD Orta on ebay for around €15, and it seems easy enough to come by... You'll have a hard time finding a new copy though...
    I was lucky enough to find a mint preowned copy in game for €10:)
    It's well worth the money anyway
    shame that JSRF doesn't work properly on the 360, that was top of my list of xbox games to get...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There were serious BC issues with Panzer Dragoon when I was playing it.
    The update only works until the end of level 3 / 4 and then completely crashes.
    Its an issue that effects the PAL version, so be careful when buying. Had to pull out the old brick to get it running (superb game by the way. 9/10 easy).
    May have sorted it out though within the last month (dunno if tman played on 360?). Also my local gamestop (Bray) has loads of copies 2nd hand for 20 yo yos. Well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ah balls!
    I got to the end of level 4 (or possibly 3) and it crashed with a disk read error or something like that. my 360 seems to throw up quite a few disk read errors, so i just ignored it and switched the machine off... didn't realise that it was a problem with the emulation:(
    I even checked the BC list before buying it, cheeky bastards:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

tman wrote:
    ah balls!
    I got to the end of level 4 (or possibly 3) and it crashed with a disk read error or something like that. my 360 seems to throw up quite a few disk read errors, so i just ignored it and switched the machine off... didn't realise that it was a problem with the emulation:(
    I even checked the BC list before buying it, cheeky bastards:mad:

Heh welcome to the club :(

Nasty that it crashes just before the best level in the game :p

Looks like I want be getting rid of the old fatbox anytime soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gamestop in Santry had Orta recently, give them a call,
    I too was annoyed about the lack of JSRF support, the Xbox game is the better of the two. I guess it all comes down to personal taste, I fear, however, that there maybe a hint of snobbery in the fact that folk often prattle on how "the original was so much better" when often it wasn't.
    JSRF added better gameplay, got shot of timers and was a lot better looking, but then it did come a couple of years after the intial DC release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

**** sake, I burnt the disc, installed the update and it still didn't work, now I know why.:mad:
    Theyll probably never get JSRF PAL going....

Advertisement