Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2142 Help!

Options
  • 26-05-2007 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

My brother has bought BF 2142 for his PB computer, which has 768mb ram, and 80gb hard drive.

The game appears to install brilliantly, and then when he goes to play it, it pops with an error saying :please insert install disc, click retry or cancel.

And there's only one disc with 2142 and that is sittin in the dvd/cd rw drive when he goes to play it.

Can anyone please please help with this, it was a bday present, and I'm as distraught as he is!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Clean the disk, check you got lastest directx and your gfx drivers are up to date. The disk has to remain in the drive for the game to work, sucks I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

If you have Virtual CD drives running it'll give that error, just disable them and it should work

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

jonnybad thanks so much for the tip, but I'll tell you now, I'm sorry I'm not hugely computer literate, well not when it comes to gaming, where abouts can i disable the virtual cd drives? It doesn't even load into the game, only the start up screen to say its loading and then stops. I can't get into any options or anything.

thanks so much for the help guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

This may be linked to the problem your having, if your mobo is a gigbyte board. From EA's forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes i knew someone with that same problem. But he fixed it by building a new PC with another motherboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

burn the game, its a load of SH*T
    2142 Never worked and never will either.

BURN IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

2142 4tw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

edited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

burn the game, its a load of SH*T
    2142 Never worked and never will either.

BURN IT!

BURN YOU

Advertisement