Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Posters - When do they come down

Options
  • 26-05-2007 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering when the election posters have to be down by. YOu would think the the Green party would be the first to remove them.
    What an eyesore!

I don't see the point of them really, a poster won't make you vote for a particular candidate, will it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

To be fair FF, FG & Labour seem to be doing the job down here.... but I haven't seen one Green poster come down yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I was just wondering when the election posters have to be down by. YOu would think the the Green party would be the first to remove them.

28 days later, isn't it? (no, not the film... although it looks like the virus raged zombies just got back into power)
    I don't see the point of them really, a poster won't make you vote for a particular candidate, will it?

On a similar note, a poster won't make you buy a particular product will it? The belief is there that it will. It's just simple advertising, or brand reinforcement.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

In Waterford, FGs Paudie Coffey (who did very well for his first time) took his down. Earlier, some of Labours were being (but not all) taken down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They are being taken down locally by shooters who want targets to shoot at. McDowell ones are going to be at a premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

They have a week to do it under the Litter Act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Bond-007 wrote:
    They are being taken down locally by shooters who want targets to shoot at. McDowell ones are going to be at a premium.

Didn't they disable their guns....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I was out early friday morning (7am) and there were people with ladders taking down posters. Now thats efficent.
    It was Fine Gael.

I got an e-mail from Labour to ask me to take down any stray ones if they were still there by next Tuesday.

Advertisement