Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name that tune

Options
  • 26-05-2007 7:37pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I hope someone can help me identify this tune for me....

Basically it's an ad on tv (For a softdrink maybe?) And basically theres six blokes some are made out of paper, some out of cloth then one real guy. There all doing this crazy dance in unison. Lyrics are something like "Lets all do this dance" Thats as much as I can remember! Help before I go more insane then this post makes me sound.:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

I would say it could be one of the following four options:

Band: Alabama
    Song: If You're Gonna Play in Texas (You Gotta Have a Fiddle in the band)

Band: Modern English
    Song: Life in the gladhouse

Band The Beatles
    Song: Your mother should know

Band: Hairspray
    Song: Run and tell that!

This is all according to http://www.letssingit.com when I entered various versions of the lyrics your presented. I didnt include anything to do with an advert or soft drink. So its entirely based on the lyrics. Hope it helps :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Nope none of them:(

Someone has to have seen this ad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

After a bit of Intra-Web research I think it's: The Flaming Lips - It Overtakes Me

And here's the ad.......

Four Steps

Mind you, there's only four guys in the ad, not six like the OP stated, so I could be way off on this one?

Cheers Okie! It's not that ad exactly but it's the right product so I should be able to find it from here:) :)

Well thank God I'm not insane... The ads for Becks Vier and it has a similar video but the songs different.

Link
    http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/news_detail.aspx?articleid=34933

The songs called 'Can you do that dance' By The Pink Mountaintops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Damn! I was so close too! :D

Ah well, glad you got it sorted in the end! ;)

Advertisement