Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan target mystery signing

• 26-05-2007 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Ancelotti has hinted that the European champions are on the verge of a major transfer coup this summer. When asked he said that if he was to say, the world would end. I know most will probably think the obivous and Ronaldinho of Barca.

MY guess is its going to be Thierry Henry of Arsenal. Ancelotti said before the champions league final his biggest mistake in his managerial career was not regonising the talent of Henry when he was manager of Juventus.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I doubt it would be henry do milan need to splash out on a 30+ striker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

I doubt it would be henry do milan need to splash out on a 30+ striker?

most definately, its their weakest position on the pitch. They're over relying on Kaka this season, they need goals to come from somewhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Henry
    Ronaldo
    Kaka

*Drool*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Drool barely begins to describe that attacking trio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

What else did Ancelotti tell you ?

Or does it hurt to provide a source during silly season ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

zabbo wrote:
    What else did Ancelotti tell you ?

Or does it hurt to provide a source during silly season ?

This is my source smart a**...... The horses mouth as they say.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2149848,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Interesting:
    http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=468789&CPID=23&clid=186&lid=2&title=Becks+reveals+Milan+temptation

David Beckham has revealed that he came close to accepting a contract offer from Milan, but opted to put his family first and head to LA Galaxy.

Beckham agreed a deal with LA Galaxy earlier in the year, following his failure to find a new accord with Real Madrid.

At the time reports suggested Beckham had turned down a host of offers to head to America and he has now confirmed European champions Milan attempted to take him to Serie A.

"It wasn't easy saying no to Milan, one of the world's strongest sides," Beckham told Gazzetta dello Sport. "The team, the coach, the president, the city. Then also Ronie (Ronaldo) went there.

"The choice was hard. I was honoured, pleased and tempted, but I had to think of my family and I wanted a different challenge.

"I'd have liked to play in Serie A. Italy is a country I like because it has everything: big football, big players the best food, wine, fashion..."

Beckham has been in fine form since confirming his departure from Madrid and was recalled to the England squad by Steve McClaren on Saturday.

Unless Ancelotti was talking about what might have been...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Ronaldinho went nuts following his sending off last night. He was babbling to Rijkaard who tried to console him and appeared as if he was holding back tears. Maybe he was just incensed with the decision to send him off, or maybe he realised that was his farewell to Barcelona?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

I'll go with Tevez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

The Italian press think it is Ibrahimovic. Inter are upset with him over some comments he made about the club and Moggi and he seems willing to move. He'd be an interesting foil to Kaka certainly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

They've been linked with Torres aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The Italian press think it is Ibrahimovic. Inter are upset with him over some comments he made about the club and Moggi and he seems willing to move. He'd be an interesting foil to Kaka certainly.

With Ibrahimovich playing alongside the real Ronaldo, Milan would have the fattest, laziest but most lethal attack in Europe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ibrahimovich --> Legendary. These players turn into different animals in a Milan jersey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Shevchenko?

Someone had to say it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Ronaldinho would be the obvious one who springs to mind. His body language suggests he's not as happy at Barcelona as he was. Though Ancelloti's comment that 'the world would end' might point towards Ibrahimovic with him being an Inter player. What about Henry, he's under contract and hasn't hinted that he wants to go, but I wonder would Arsenal be tempted by a big offer at this stage? They'd be mad to sell him, still a class player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

with the talent of van persie, the homage of adeybiyor and the power of baptista, for a crazy price that he would fecth, im sure they would be willing to offload him, and sure with that money they could get a decent replacement, torres anyone?

was on the brink of joining last season lets not forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

the power of baptista

You obviously didn't see too much of him then, and plus anyway http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/6687655.stm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

And Ancelotti reveals his mystery target as none other than....Thierry Henry! Its all over the radio this morning, wonder what bid they'll put in for him? Around £15 million I'll hazard a guess at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

any links lads? barca are in the running for henry aswell so i hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Unless Henry wants to leave I can't see him being sold. Wenger has never sold a main player who wanted to stay and who Wenger thought still had a future with the club.
    And it will be though to get a replacement for Henry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Noelie wrote:
    Unless Henry wants to leave I can't see him being sold. Wenger has never sold a main player who wanted to stay and who Wenger thought still had a future with the club.

The news from Arsenal a couple of weeks ago was that he was free to leave. It was on Sky and on some web sites too.

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I was away when that was published, so I guess my previous post can be ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Noelie wrote:
    Well according to Ancelotti this mystery player wants to play for Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I hear Ancelotti has finally gotten Terry Phelan to come out of retirement.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah and he was definitely leaving last Summer, just as Vieira was definitely leaving all those years before.

The media have a fascination with writing stories about Arsenal's best players/Wenger leaving every summer. They lucked out once and got it right when Vieira eventually did leave.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Henry being a target doesent neccesarily mean that he is the mystery man that Milan want to sign. from a Milan perspective wouldent mean "the world would end" if he was revealed as their target (from some arsenal fans prehaps). However Ronaldinho or an Inter player prehaps could mean that to the AC faithfull.

Advertisement