Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Email notification/forwarding to mobile

• 26-05-2007 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what email accounts can forward incoming mail to your mobile as a message and allow you to reply?
    I have a nokia 6233 on O2

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I have a related question: does O2 have an email to MMS gateway, e.g. something like <phone number>@o2mms.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Gmail do a java applet which gives you pretty much full control over your mailbox from a mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

For Meteor customers, any email sent to 0851234567@sms.mymeteor.ie will deliver the sender, subject and first line to your mobile as an SMS.

With Gmail you can set it up to forward a copy to that number and thus get notifications for all emails. If you have mailing lists you don't want to be notified of, use filters and make a filter that forwards everything that doesn't contain mailing@list.com in it.

o2 have the same service as meteor since about 1999 or so when it was dol.ie its called email notification

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Can you elaborate? I've never been able to send an email to MYNUMBER@sms.o2.ie or similar ..

In the o2 interface select mail and EMAIL ALERTS

if you put @ in the from field in the left ( and every email address contains the character @ as you know ) you then get an sms alert for EVERY email that is sent to your o2 email address ...not to your sms.o2.ie address if you have one of these

the alert will include the from address and subject field of the email so make sure important emails you receive have the info in the subject field

That would also include spam emails but o2 have good spam filtering nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

alantc wrote:
    For Meteor customers, any email sent to 0851234567@sms.mymeteor.ie will deliver the sender, subject and first line to your mobile as an SMS.

With Gmail you can set it up to forward a copy to that number and thus get notifications for all emails. If you have mailing lists you don't want to be notified of, use filters and make a filter that forwards everything that doesn't contain mailing@list.com in it.

Is this free for pay as you go customers?

@Sponge Bob
    And this is free? Shame it's just your @ o2.ie address but I guess I can forward other emails to it :)

I think it comes out of your text allowance, I have stopped using it recently.

• Advertisement

Checked the website when I logged in and it says 11c per SMS alert. Could prove expensive if you only use "@" as the forwarding rules.

I emailed them to ask if it'll come out of my 250 webtext allowance or out of my text bundle, or if it's just a straight charge as it appears to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

mp3guy wrote:
    Is this free for pay as you go customers?

It's free (Meteor). I'm bill-pay now but was using it for about a year on PAYG and my brother still uses it. You can also set up MSN messenger so people can message you to your phone but you can't reply and people don't always understand that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Not exactly related but Check out these guys..http://www.go2mobile.ie/ some pretty good stuff there.. havent used them in a while, I was sending e mails as texts back in the old 5110 days.. long before e mail clients were avaiable on phones.laugh..(limited to the length of a text message though..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Thanks guys for your suggestions

We have 2 sales people in our company who require access to email via phone. Blackberry is the obvious answer but our email is not pop3 and we do not have the ability to leave a desktop running redirector.
    Currently we are forwarding to private email then accessing via phone but this has the problem that when you reply you cannot reply via work address

Does anyone have any other suggestions how to do this?

Check the private email using Blackberry and then with Blackberry you can change the reply-to address to whatever you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

When you say change the reply to address to whatever I want does that mean that I can have it look like the reply is coming from my work email address even though I am sending it via my personal email address?
    How do I activate that? I have tried searching the menus but can't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Rockson

richieg wrote:
    ..does that mean that I can have it look like the reply is coming from my work email address even though I am sending it via my personal email address?

You can certainly do that with gmail if you can forward your mail to a gmail account in the first place.

See here first and then here. You can make your work email the default address (in the settings->accounts section) that's seen in your replies and therefore the email address that people reply to so you don't have to change it every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I'm trying to connect to my gmail on my Nokia 6233 through the email application. I have put in all the details and when I try and send a test email I get the follwoing messgae: "Cannot connect to network. Check connectivity settings"

Incomming Server: pop.googlemail.com Server port 995

Outgoing Server: smtp.googlemail.com Server port 465.

Help....?

Advertisement